ROG Matrix Gtx980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I recently installed 10.10.1 on my x99 system. The installation process went good, with my all my stuff getting recognized, except for my USB Soundcard.

My configuration is:
Rampage V Extreme
5960x
gtx980

I'm using a SSL Nucleus (that simply is a SSL desk in console format), that is connected to my computer through USB and Ehternet both. I actually can hear sounds from the Nucleus, but it's terrible sounding!!
And the native software that I have installed doesn't show the nucleus thorugh ethernet, even if in "system configuration" I can see details about ethernet. I can use internet from the built-in wifi.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: ethernet works perfectly, I managed the order of my connections in system preferences and now it works. The problem is the USB connection!! In system preferences I can read that all my USB ports are recognized as USB 3.0, but the horrible audio sounds like a problem of streaming through USB.. I use "genericUSBXHCI" kext and xHCI hand-off is enabled in my BIOS (if I turn that off, I can't log in). xHCI controller is setted on "Smart Audio".

Any suggestions? Very thank you

Nothing. I had to disable xHCI and xHCI handoff to be able to use wireless keyboard and mouse!!
The audio issue was related to a native problem that the SLL Nucleus has with USB3.0 ports, solved buying a usb2 bracket.. It's funny because it's a 5k desk! Thank you.

Disabling xHCI causes the loss of all usb ports. The only two ports available are the two against the ethernet port.

Hi, I am strugling with getting my USB connection to work between Nucleus and iMAC/USB3 as well. What is this 'USB2 bracket' you are talking about ? What exact product did you buy ?

Thanks!

Hi, I am strugling with getting my USB connection to work between Nucleus and iMAC/USB3 as well. What is this 'USB2 bracket' you are talking about ? What exact product did you buy ?

Thanks!
Hi! Sorry for the late reply.

Anyway, you need to purchase a PCI-Express USB 2.0 Adaptor.

The SSL Nucleus wont work on USB 3.0 ports EVEN ON REAL MACINTOSH MACHINES!

SSL promised an update to solve this, but no luck.

Moreover, on my Rampage V Extreme I can use only some of the rear onboard 3.0 ports, so I've connected to one of these a USB hub, but it happens that something goes wrong (like copying big files into an usb drive or stick while using other peripherals)...

i really really REALLY suggest to use the 4 rear USB ports ON THE NUCLEUS to things like iLoks, bluetooth adaptors (I can smoothly use my magic mouse and keyboard) and so on.

Hoping to helpo You,

BlueBox Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back