i7 8700k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I am about to dispair by trying to remove the dividing wall in the upper shelf og the MacPro case. I want to put a large PSU in the right upper compartment but it does not fit due to this wall. I have removed serval different srews but in the end I recognised that the piece is mounted with rivets :/ I have no idea how to get the ***** rivets out of there. Does anyone have a solution for this step?

InkedFoto 21.03.18, 20 37 36_LI.jpg

I think it´s not possible. I tried it on my Mac Pro 1.1 and failed too. It seems, Apple did not use any srews, they riveted the wall.
You can remove the top shelf and try to cut the wall out with a Dremel.

Oh my goodness!!! I have made it. It took several hours of cutting time. I had the opportunity to get a dental Dremel with some diamond drills. otherwise it would not be possible to get that wall out. It is jamed, screwed AND riveted :/ I hate Apple for this! Now the case looks great without that wall.

No need to cut or use power tools, just remove all screws and grab the wall with a plier, start wiggling and bending back and forth, a little bit of force might be useful, but be careful, you don't want to scratch the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back