Register

help updating

Motherboard
Asrock Z390M-ITX/ac
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Hello my dear friends, I have a work computer - Hackintosh made from some great friends.
Now with the new photoshop version, macOS 11.0 or later version in needed in order to install it.
Unfortunately I am in Catalina 10.15.
Can I go to a newer version easily? I have no idea how to do that and not familiar with the Hackintosh.
I am with Clover is I understand correctly.
Thank you very much.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asrock Z390M-ITX/ac
Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT 4GB Pulse
Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7GHz
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 RAM

Looking at the spec is should be compatible with the latest version of OSX.

I would start by reading

And

Create a OC usb and get your machine to boot from the usb. Make sure you have a full back of your machine including EFI before you start paying with your system if this is the only system you have that works.

Once you can get booting from OC you can look at upgrading your machine.

Thank you very much I will take a look and reply here for any questions.

Looking at the spec is should be compatible with the latest version of OSX.

I would start by reading

And

Create a OC usb and get your machine to boot from the usb. Make sure you have a full back of your machine including EFI before you start paying with your system if this is the only system you have that works.

Once you can get booting from OC you can look at upgrading your machine.
Hi and thanks again. I am with Clover now if I understand correctly. Should I do the same steps or these are only for open core?

These are for OC only.

There is this long thread may be worth going through it to see if there is an OC EFI that might be a good starting point for you.

Thank you for the help. In general because some friends helper me with the installation of my system now that I read them myself seems hard for me.

Thank you for the help. In general because some friends helper me with the installation of my system now that I read them myself seems hard for me.
Yes agree it is difficult. Best to make sure you have a back up, so if something goes wrong you can get to the current stage.

If you Google for your motherboard + hackintosh you may find some other GitHub pages where someone may already have an EFI. Get a spare usb and use that to see if you can boot into OSX with the OC EFI on the usb.

Back