Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm tying to update and followed the install instructions deleting such kernel things and making a bootable usb and when I try to boot via my usb it shows the apple screen and then begins loading a bar but then a "no symbol" pops up and stays on the gray screen.

I tried booting with -f, -x, and -v

I also tried booting with kext-dev-mode=1

...still nothing...any ideas?

Hardware:
Mobo: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 (UEFI)
CPU: Sandy Bridge i7 2600k
Cooler: Corsair H80i
GPU: MSI GTX 670 OC Edition 2GB (custom bracket with Antec Kuhler 620)
RAM: 8GB G.Skill Rip Jaws 1600mHz
Storage: 1TB Hitachi Deskstar (Windows/Storage Drive) / 128GB Samsung 830 SSD (OSX Drive)
PSU: Corsair TX750M

Initial OSX install (incase any initial settings unchanged throughout the updates matter):http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-i7-2600k-gtx-670-mountain-lion-10-8-2-a.html

added some background info for further analysis. any help is much appreciated as I use the computer for work! thank you.

bump. any help over here? I know some of you guys are amazing when it comes to this stuff.

Hi lyons238,

Can you post a picture of where the system is getting stuck after booting with the following kernel flags?

kext-dev-mode=1 -v

That will help us narrow down the issue that is preventing the system from booting.

I find that this is sometimes caused by bios settings. Try saving your custom configuration(as a backup), then setting bios to defaults, then set sata controller to ahci and see if it helps(because I've found that's the only setting needed on my MB).

I find that this is sometimes caused by bios settings. Try saving your custom configuration(as a backup), then setting bios to defaults, then set sata controller to ahci and see if it helps(because I've found that's the only setting needed on my MB).

This solution worked and I was able to install. Thanks for that.

However I stupidly enabled trim without looking into it first when I ran multi beast and now I can't boot from my usb or my ssd. It says waiting for root device when I look using -v. How can I get back in and disable this??

lyons238 said:
Hey can you assist me again. Your post helped me but I stupidly ran into one more problem and then I'm good. I got it all installed by adjusting the bios settings but I enabled trim in multi east and now i can't boot from my usb or my ssd it says waiting for root device when I -v

any help in how I can manage to boot back in and disable this? Thanks
Did you use Easybeast or no DSDT by any chance? When you do that, try disabling 3rd party SATA install as it seems to also cause problems. Try safe mode to see if you can remove the kext, if it still doesn't work(as I suspect it won't). Try installing yosemite over your installation again to make it bootable(without formating the drive) and run multibeast as usual again.

Did you use Easybeast or no DSDT by any chance? When you do that, try disabling 3rd party SATA install as it seems to also cause problems. Try safe mode to see if you can remove the kext, if it still doesn't work(as I suspect it won't). Try installing yosemite over your installation again to make it bootable(without formating the drive) and run multibeast as usual again.

How would I boot into save mode cud R when booting or? Also how can I reinstall it over the current Yosemite if I can't boot from the Usb either

Use -x to boot into safe mode. To install over, just did what you did in upgrading and select the same disk to 'upgrade'. All files will be kept.

and run multibeast as usual again.

and by that I mean without 3rd party sata :)

IMG_0861.jpgIMG_0861.jpg

heres where its holding up any help? still on 10.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back