Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi guys im sort of new but im trying to understand what Chimera does and how it works

1st. what does Chimera do to make my pc think its a mac ?

2nd is Chimera like Grub for linux - a bootloader so to speak ?

im just trying to understand because for some reason i have this OCD about installing stuff on my drive that is not Vanilla. can i just keep my UniBeast usb plugged in and boot from it so my Hard drive remains untouched ?

thanks for understanding

anyone with any extra input on how and what Chimera does :)

shortyg35 said:
1st. what does Chimera do to make my pc think its a mac ?
PC boots via BIOS, Loads Chimera which emulates an EFI system (Intel Macs use EFI). wiki/index.php/Chimera
shortyg35 said:
2nd is Chimera like Grub for linux - a bootloader so to speak ?
Yes.
shortyg35 said:
im just trying to understand because for some reason i have this OCD about installing stuff on my drive that is not Vanilla. can i just keep my UniBeast usb plugged in and boot from it so my Hard drive remains untouched ?
UniBeast uses Chimera, and yes, you can continue to boot from your UniBeast stick if you wish. However, your use of Chimera from your HD/SSD does not mean you have a "less' Vanilla system. Simply put, you need an EFI emulator to boot your Hack into OS X.

thanks for the reply ,

i understand better now :)

the reason i like to keep Chimera on the usb is it makes me feel like my Lion install is more or less original , and any updates will install without problems and also if there is any issues i know its not my lion install but the files on the usb stick all my hardware is supported OOB no need to run Multibeast at all that i know of.

sorry i know this sounds funny but that's how i am lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back