Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
(Posting this in a much more appropriate thread)
Hello everyone,
Furthest I've made it so far and finally able to get some progress but having no success booting up until I disable InjectIntel in the graphics options in Clover Bootloader. I feel this also may be related to my flickering graphics during use as well. It's not quite full screen but windows/elements are flickering (ex: Chrome, Safari tabs, no transparencies, some full screen flicker when enabling Mission Control)

Also seeing this:
Intel UHD Graphics 630 7 MB
7MB, if it is all that is recognized by the system, is definitely not enough to get very far for sure.

I will upload by EFI setup but here's what I've tried so far. Installed the recommended Lilu.kext as well as WhateverGreen.kext which replaced IntelGraphicsFixup.kext recommended here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-12-5-update.220866/#post-1504116

Also tried a FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext as recommended here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0-native-support-with-gfxid-injection.240585/
Kernel panic unless InjectIntel is turned off again.

Last try was the fix here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ntel-core-i3-8100-uhd-630-corsair-8gb.251625/

I'm currently on High Sierra with all updates applied. I feel like there is some sort of kext that needs upgrading for my Intel UDH 630 Graphics integrated graphics but I'm not sure exactly which one or where to go. Any advise anyone?

Specs:
Host: Hackintosh (SMBIOS: MacPro5,1)
CPU: Intel i3-8100 (4) @ 3.60GHz
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 11.58.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-07 at 12.17.37 PM-2.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.5 MB · Views: 59
Have you tried the iMac18,1 SMBIOS? That, along with WhateverGreen, and Lilu, and the latest version of High Sierra should have it working with no additional graphics options set in you Clover config.

WhateverGreen and Lulu both located at EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Already applied all updates. I will try out iMac18,1 as I’m currently on Mac Pro5,1. Will update status when done.

6BB158EA-E102-46A6-B7DD-3D48A82483E3.jpeg
6BB158EA-E102-46A6-B7DD-3D48A82483E3.jpeg
6FE87BDB-E0B5-4BE1-8C4D-AC0DC9F80492.jpeg
Another kernel panic still. Uploading the best shots I captured but moving so fast it’s a bit blurry. Will troubleshoot more in the morning.

Attachments

• 0709A18D-3488-4CB5-B112-75061A6CC647.jpeg
    0709A18D-3488-4CB5-B112-75061A6CC647.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
Hmm interesting thought with the updates. I am on 10.13.6 which I thought to be the latest most up to date version of High Sierra but there is a security update which wont clear. Security Update 2018-003 10.13.6. It downloads, asks to restart, after restarting with a progress indicator that seems to go through, it comes back up again asking for it to be downloaded once more. Don't think this is part of my graphics issue as it is just a security update but putting it here as an overall strange issue I noticed trying to troubleshoot this graphics issue.

UPDATE
I removed a stray IntelGraphicsFixup as this had been sitting inside the other kexts folder which had been sitting from before noticed after I installed WhateverGreen. Not seeing a kernel panic anymore however, screen goes blank after what seems to be a successful boot. Hard to tell what is running at that point. Everything still working if I disable InjectIntel still.

UPDATE 2
Changed ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B0007 from the list that matched UHD 630 for my device as well as disabled nvda_drv=1. No more kernel panics, graphics are running, and finally no need to disable InjectIntel...still one big problem through. No accelerated graphics yet. 7MB still only available in About This Mac and flicking happening.

Last edited:
Any help would be appreciated. I'm officially at a loss of what to do and do not want to give up.

Again, Lilu and Whatever green installed, ig-platform-id set to 0x3E9B0007, no nvda_drv or nv_disable=1 enabled, and UseIntelHDMI, but still only getting 7MB under graphics in About this Mac. Flickering and display glitches in various places. No idea what to do next.

Changed ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B0007

You don't need to do this and that's the wrong one anyway (The i3-8100 is 0x3E910003, iirc). Just leave it blank and WhateverGreen takes care of it. Doing unnecessary things or leaving conflicting or random garage in your config or EFI directory often causes problems.

Why are you worried about Nvidia settings, if you don't have an Nvidia card? If you do have one and haven't mentioned it or added it to your profile, that's a problem and a failure on your part. If you are using an Nvidia card, you need to be using iMac18,3

Hmm I thought the nvidia disable was just to troubleshoot if you got blank screen issues but that makes sense.

As for ig-platform id, that was left blank as well and with that, got a no signal issue on my display. Appears that everything boots fine (no kernel panics) but can’t get HDMI to show. That’s all I have right now.

Bump...I'd hate to say it but might just return this board and processor as it's giving me a lot of trouble and I'm not getting very far here at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back