Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 750 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So what I am trying to do is just restore my whole hard drive from time machine. But since I formatted my Yosemite USB, I am trying to do it with El capitan
I can use my Yosemite machine now but it hangs after a few minutes of boot.

I had the Yosemite install from app store before but i got error trying to use unibeast to make it work. Something with your Yosemite is not official please install in app store. Which it was.

So then I tried El capitan. But I got error Can't find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel

So i believe it is because my yosemite is on chimera and not clover. How do I insta
ll El capitan on Yosemite(chimera)

I then tried installing clover on the USB with El capitan. Still didn't work I got to apple logo and then a infinite reboot. Giving a sort line of script that went out real fast. The error ended in c:1299.

Can Some please help me! thank you! Just trying to restore my Yosemite....

OSX doesn't know or care if you're booting with Clover or Chimera... If you're just trying to recover a Yos time-machine backup then boot to Yos (you said it is bootable) and restore the TM image. Or you can create a Clover USB: http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/174316-create-clover-test-usb-using-unibeast.html and boot to it to restore the same backup.

Not having a bootable USB or USB installer is foolishness. Sorry, but I'll bet you always had a Windows DVD or USB on hand for recovery.

OSX doesn't know or care if you're booting with Clover or Chimera... If you're just trying to recover a Yos time-machine backup then boot to Yos (you said it is bootable) and restore the TM image. Or you can create a Clover USB: http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/174316-create-clover-test-usb-using-unibeast.html and boot to it to restore the same backup.

Not having a bootable USB or USB installer is foolishness. Sorry, but I'll bet you always had a Windows DVD or USB on hand for recovery.

But if i boot to Yosemite i can only recover with certain files right? I mean i only saw that option. How do you restore the image from time machine when you boot into Yos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back