1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone
So I just received my parts for my computer today after waiting 2 years to build a computer.

Part list

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-OC

CPU: i7-4770K

Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600ghz

HHD: My Old Macbook pro HHD, my SSD comes in the mail tomorrow with my wifi card

PSU: Corsair CX600

So I build my computer and realized that I didn't have any monitors that were HDMI I have a old monitor that is dual link Dvi. So I am borrowing my friends DisplayPort to Dual link DVI cable until I get an HDMI to VGA or something.

So I made a Unibest USB and booted it up after changing the BIOS I followed the multiple guides with this same motherboard. I did the changes to the BIOS that they did. So when I tried to boot into the unibeast it would show the apple logo then the wheel would turn. Then the screen would do black and it said no video signal. So I typed -x -v and I found this error right before the screen went black. I have the photo attached.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...wn-cpu-models-0x3c-i7-4770k-ga-z87x-ud3h.html

I looked at this link and I couldn't find anything that I did wrong.
The only thing I can think of is that its the cable or the monitor.

If you can help me out that would be amazing!
I will answer any questions I'm quite desperate.

Attachments

• IMG_3921.jpg
    IMG_3921.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 185
If someone has any input that would be really great!

Hello everyone
So I build my computer and realized that I didn't have any monitors that were HDMI I have a old monitor that is dual link Dvi. So I am borrowing my friends DisplayPort to Dual link DVI cable until I get an HDMI to VGA or something.

Your VGA monitors won't work with adapters especially using onboard graphics and only rarely through discrete cards. So it would be worth investing on a new monitor for your system with OS X.

I made a Unibest USB and booted it up after changing the BIOS I followed the multiple guides with this same motherboard. I did the changes to the BIOS that they did. So when I tried to boot into the unibeast it would show the apple logo then the wheel would turn. Then the screen would do black and it said no video signal. So I typed -x -v and I found this error right before the screen went black.

Looks as if you are pretty much there but you have answered your own question. You have a graphics issue outside of your system. Problem is probably with the cable or monitor or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back