EVGA GTX670 FTW
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

Up until today, I had a fully functioning and stable system. Stupid me, however, tried to install the new Chimera to get iMessage working again. After an install and restart, iMessage still didn't work, and my ethernet stopped working. Went to switch back to Chameleon, downloaded the latest version, and installed. Upon restart, I now cannot boot to ML. Windows 7 works fine, but just the gray bootloader screen shows up after selecting ML or letting the booter time out.

Tried booting into safe mode and get the gray screen of Chameleon.
Tried booting into verbose, and only get four lines stating:

Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel cache /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
Read HFS+ file.....blah blah
Read HFS+ file......and so on

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Remove all modules from your Extra folder, leaving only nvram.dylib.

Good luck!

Hello all,

Up until today, I had a fully functioning and stable system. Stupid me, however, tried to install the new Chimera to get iMessage working again. After an install and restart, iMessage still didn't work, and my ethernet stopped working. Went to switch back to Chameleon, downloaded the latest version, and installed. Upon restart, I now cannot boot to ML. Windows 7 works fine, but just the gray bootloader screen shows up after selecting ML or letting the booter time out.

Tried booting into safe mode and get the gray screen of Chameleon.
Tried booting into verbose, and only get four lines stating:

Loading Darwin 10.8
Loading kernel cache /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
Read HFS+ file.....blah blah
Read HFS+ file......and so on

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I'm having the EXACT problem - won't boot past the second line and then it hangs. Have to use my USB boot stick and then it works

Again: Remove all modules from your Extra folder, leaving only nvram.dylib.

Good luck!

TheConnactic - How do I do that when I can't get the system to even start? The original USB stick I used isn't working. Could one of you point me to an article on "how to?" I've got a working iMac right now - just wanna be sure I don't screw it up!

Can anyone help me out with a bootable USB? I just don't want to wipe and reformat all over again!

If it originally booted from the usb stick (which I assume is the case), check the bios settings to make sure the usb-hd is the first device in the boot order (some bios have an F12 option on boot so you can select the boot device). Once booted, follow TheConnactic's advice to delete modules in /Extra or just delete the entire /Extra folder

You might also confirm that you aren't dealing with the boot0 issue (boot0 fix. http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-e...ial-guide.html

If you have another OS on a different HD. You can boot into that to Edit the files on your broken one. If you have windows, download a OSX HD reading program... it's what I did. Just went for a trial of some program.

All right, got it to boot correctly and act fine. However, I lost internet connectivity. Ethernet says it's connected, but I've got nothing. Same with the Wi-fi. Re-did my Multibeast install and selected the correct Atheros ethernet, but still nothing. Any ideas?

Make sure there are no other ethernet kexts in /S/L/E. If that doesn't do it, delete the ethernet settings in system preferences and let OS X find the device on reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back