Contribute
Register

help running multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few other things i tried
1.connecting ipod (to apple cinema) just charging not visible at all
2.burning autocad for mac and adding multibeast to uso,i can see it Disk Utility but im not able to mount it

ok i tried all those things,i first formated in 32 and 64 no success,cant mount the usb
then i tried formating ms dos in SL ,then copy paste files from windows,verifying showing amount of files but still cant mount it ;(

im able to mount it only when i format in mac os extended format in SL
but of course im not able to mount it in windows,what if i try to use an apple computer to add those files to usb ad then run on hackintosh?

You could do that, or I think there is a program that lets you access, as well as R/W from and to HFS/+ file systems.
The max file size for free users is 200Mb, so you cant move combo updates without some form of splitting archives.

If you have another Apple computer though, use it first!

option 2 -- much harder:

Im no expert at terminal commands.. but try this:

sudo mount -t FAT -w /dev/(drive name) /Volumes/pendrive

By drive name, i mean, i.e. /dev/disk2s2, disk1s1, disk 1, disk3, etc.

ususally if you click on the device in disk ultilities, it should show you the standard unix/linux device location.

you may need to play around with the mount point (/Volumes/pendrive)
You should mount it in /Volumes though.

Try messing around in disk utilities -- try unmounting/remounting, partitioning, etc. ususally a volume is already mounted -- the partition inside however, is not.

By unmount, i mean unmount, not eject. unmount the physical drives, not the partitions (noted for being a sub-menu of the physical drive)

Go look up mount terminal commands.. im no where close to fluent in this.

Have you tried what I suggested before with ejecting iBoot CD, etc? Trying USB seems a dicey way to go because you don't know whether the issue is your usb drivers or the file system. At least you know the CD drive works, right? The door not opening thing is something I had an issue with at first but OSX still reads whats in the drive.

-AC3

ok i got it to work this what i have done,i first formated the drive in Sl with Mac Os extended then i installed on windows this program http://www.mediafour.com/macdrive
it enables windows users to view mac formated drives!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back