Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
after succesufful snow leopard install i cant get Multibeast to run,my usb key not seen at all,tried to burn a dvd and iso both didnt work,the only cd it sees is Iboot,can somebody please help with this ?
Thanks

If you can access the Internet with iBoot in the drive, just download MultiBeast and any updates.

If you try to burn another CD with MultiBeast, don't use .iso

thats the thing, it doesnt recognizes the ethernet card so i have no internet ;(

I think iBoot isn't so big, right? So if you find a way to inject the multibeast installer into the ISO and then burn the disk, maybe that will work for you? Something basic like Winrar will allow you to open up the ISO, edit it, and then make a new ISO with your edit.

Good luck!
-AC3

winrar can only edit rar or zip,after editing iBoot with Power ISo i get errors burning the cd

ok i managed to make an IBoot (iso) cd with multibeast,its not bootable at all,i even tried switching diff dvd drive,both drive wont even respond whne i physically press eject,only when i have iBoot cd im able touse eject in Os :banghead:

Ok. Here's what you can do. Since its just an issue of getting the drive to open you have two options:

1. When you get to the iBoot screen where you can select your OS, you should be able to open your CD drive (this is what you needed to do with the SL DVD). So open your drive, put a CD with multibeast on it into the drive, close it and hit F5. Then boot into OS X. Ejecting the iBoot CD after iBoot is loaded will not cause iBoot to stop working.

2. Boot into OSX. Get a paper clip and make it straight. On your cd drive on the front there should be a small hole the size of the paper clip wire. Stick the paper clip into the hole and the drive should open up. Put your CD in, close the drive and give it a try.

-AC3

Another option that might work iis to temporarily plug your HDD into another computer and download, drop and drag MultiBeast to the HDD, return it to the original hardware and then run MultiBeast with the iBoot disk in the DVD drive.

thanks for all the replies,i tried plugging iphone in to cinema dipsplay it starting to charge but again i dont see it in disk utilities...
is that a common problem at all?
i think im running out things to try ;(

The problem lies in that OSX isn't recognizing your device because of the filesystem.

If your downloading your files from Windows (Im assuming you are), do this:

On Windows, go to My Computer-> Right-click(USB Name)-> Format
From there, choose FAT32 as your filesystem, with default block size as 32Kb. If that doesnt work, try 64kb block size.

If that doesnt work, plug the usb back into your computer while running OSX.

Go to Disk Utilites (the acutal name escapes me-- its in your utilities folder as a stethiscope and disk) and wait for the list to populate. You should see your pendrive in the list. you should be able to right click-> mount. If it says theres a problem, format the drive in OSX as MS-DOS FAT. Plug it into Windows, copy+paste, and it should show up next time you boot OSX.

Thers a terminal version of this, if your device is set to not automount... but that shouldn't be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back