Contribute
Register

[Help request] AMI/Phoenix DSDT editor wanted [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Help request] AMI/Phoenix DSDT editor wanted

RayMacx64 said:
Not sure where you got that, but the correct card ATI HD4850 with 512MB is showing up in the profiler. Before I reinstalled the old 10.6.2 kexts (ATI4800controller, ATISupport, ATIFramebuffer ) and installed netkas 10.6.3 QE/CI Exotic.pkg. If I booted with -x I would get only 256 mb showing in profiler with only 1028x768 resolution showingin my displays. Now all this is when I use screen sharing and log in thru VNC from another computer.

I don't know where I got that either - sorry :oops:

emuzaman said:
Hi FatShenanigans, :p
Here's my BIOS screenshots..guess it'll help..
Take Care.

Everything seems ok here. What bootloader are you using? I'm kinda scrambled at the moment but did you post your smbios and boot plists yet? I need to go over this thread anyway so I'll double check. I am starting to get confused while keeping everything and everyone straight so I'm going to review and let you know if I missed something. In the meantime I'd recommend the ASRELBN1.8 bootloader since I don't have any problems with that one.

EDIT:

Can you extract your fresh DSDT using an Ubuntu live CD and post it here? I think I need to start from scratch in this case since I looked at it again and I'm thinking that there may be some major changes in recent bios revisions like was the case with my EVGA. It's better to be safe than sorry.

RayMacx64 said:
Not sure where you got that, but the correct card ATI HD4850 with 512MB is showing up in the profiler. Before I reinstalled the old 10.6.2 kexts (ATI4800controller, ATISupport, ATIFramebuffer ) and installed netkas 10.6.3 QE/CI Exotic.pkg. If I booted with -x I would get only 256 mb showing in profiler with only 1028x768 resolution showingin my displays. Now all this is when I use screen sharing and log in thru VNC from another computer.

OK, got confused, thought the (video) problem from a few posts back, was still there in that whilst you could VNC into the box, you don't get video out on connected monitor.

Anyway, am glad to hear that the video problems are resolved!

humph said:
RayMacx64 said:

OK, got confused, thought the (video) problem from a few posts back, was still there in that whilst you could VNC into the box, you don't get video out on connected monitor.

Anyway, am glad to hear that the video problems are resolved!

@humph Yes my video card does have a audio codec on the hdmi port and my motherboard has a different one so you could be right. I still have a black screen so I still have not resolved the problem.

@FS

It seems like Tony's Iboot (witch i'm based on)
Uses this loader 1. Chameleon RC4 - AsereBLN 1.1.8 with new PC-EFI 10.6 graphics code inserted!
viewtopic.php?p=1246#p1246

I have upgraded to 10.6.3 , and put the DSDT.aml in E
I had the following in E/E (the rest i removed) , and used tony's smbios + boot plist , from his signature

E/E

Extensions root# ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 29 2009 IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Oct 31 2008 JMicronATA.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Nov 20 16:37 fakesmc.kext

But i lost networking , rather big problem.
But it seemed like the netcard was reckognized , and present. But it couldn't get an address.
And would only show as active if forced into 10Mb (the it got a 169.249.x.x addr , indicating that it couldn't see the dhcp server)) , auto or 100Mb would get osx to say there was no connection.

And i lost the USB hub (plugs) on my backplate (keyb/mouse).
I moved the keyb/mouse to my front usb , and got keyb/mouse back.

The DSDT also saw my nvidia 260 as a 8800.

The only improvement , as i saw it was powermgmt.
For the first time my standby led was blinking (when going to sleep , and i could wake the system by pressing the power button).

I tried to reinstall the Realtekdriver 3 times , but still no network.

So i ended up removing the DSDT.aml , and reinstall the below in my E/E (easybeast default i think)

E/E

Extensions root# ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Jul 21 2009 AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Oct 30 00:50 EvOreboot.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Aug 29 2009 IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Oct 31 2008 JMicronATA.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Mar 2 20:12 LegacyAppleRTC.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Mar 2 20:12 NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Jul 18 2009 VoodooHDA.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Jul 21 2009 VoodooPS2Controller.kext
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Nov 20 16:37 fakesmc.kext

Now i have networking , and a nvidia 260 , but i suspect my powermgmt is FSCK'ed up.

I'm quite sure my USB on the backplate still has probs , as i can see this error when booting.

Apr 3 17:03:36 localhost kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 001731807A84F9B129040E91 0x951 0x1624 0x100
Apr 3 17:03:36 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 4. 74 AppleUSBHubPort[0xffffff8012f7b800]::FatalError - Port 4 of Hub at 0x1a120000 reported error 0xe000404f while doing get status (first in port status change)

I haven't got any audio , and voodo wont load , it complains about some "audio family" not found.

Apr 3 18:14:55 localhost kernel[0]: Kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily not found.
Apr 3 18:14:55 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA - failed to resolve library dependencies.
Apr 3 18:14:55 localhost kernel[0]: Kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA failed to load (0xdc00800e).
Apr 3 18:14:55 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA (error 0xdc00800e).
Apr 3 18:14:55 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "VoodooHDADevice"

But then again the voodohda.kext is in E/E not S/L/E , this might be it ...

Would i just need to delete the voodo kext from E/E and install it in S/L/E ?
Btw: How does one install a kext ? , i have seen something about kext b7 (in conjunction witk S/L/E) i haven't installed that one, but i have installed kext util.
And have been running that one when moving things in/out of E/E (along with permissions from disk util)

Anyways ..... my 10.6.3 is working , and i got a little taste of what a DSDT can do (and FSCK up...)

Thanx
Meg32

Rename and use this DSDT and Smbios.plist plus the com.boot.plist that I edited a couple of pages back - I think it has your graphics card corrected this time - boot without GraphicsEnabler=Yes first with ASRELBN1.8 bootloader:

Voodoo goes in S/L/E - it won't work in E/E. Try booting in Single user mode since that often cures any strange losses of networking.

You'll need kext utility - you just drag and drop the voodoo onto the utility to install it to S/L/E and it does the rest. To rebuild your E/E mkext just drag the entire Extensions folder on top of kext utility for E/E. You don't need to do this with the S/L/E folder however.

You'll need to experiement with the various IONetworkingfamily.kexts if you are having problems - the kext that you got from Tony should go in E/E.

Attachments

• P7P55D=E.aml
    22.7 KB · Views: 78
  • smbios.plist
    741 bytes · Views: 306

@FS

Not sure if this is the right thread, but Tony told me to ask you if I want any help with a MSI DSDT. So here we go:

I have a MSI P55-GD85 MB and have some troubles with getting the most out of my hackintosh. Most works with the correct DSDT, but I'm unable to shutdown (restart works though) and speedstep just wont work. No matter what I try I always get a KP: Version mismatch between kernel and CPU PM, which points to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. This is with a i7 860.

I'll attach 2 DSDT.dsl: first one totally vanilla and second one prepatched by DSDT Patcher.

Attachments

• dsdt_fixed.txt
    253.3 KB · Views: 245
  • dsdt.dsl
    253.3 KB · Views: 112

jb044 said:
@FS

Not sure if this is the right thread, but Tony told me to ask you if I want any help with a MSI DSDT. So here we go:

I have a MSI P55-GD85 MB and have some troubles with getting the most out of my hackintosh. Most works with the correct DSDT, but I'm unable to shutdown (restart works though) and speedstep just wont work. No matter what I try I always get a KP: Version mismatch between kernel and CPU PM, which points to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. This is with a i7 860.

I'll attach 2 DSDT.dsl: first one totally vanilla and second one prepatched by DSDT Patcher.

As far as I can tell these are two identical copies of MSI P55-GD80 that are partially edited yet FUBAR. It's no doubt you are getting KP. These were vanilla (meaning you personally extracted them from your bios) or you got them from someone who claimed them to be vanilla? This is partially why I triple check everything I read on forums these days and I only use DSDT's that I get myself. There's no way that these are either vanilla or edited by DSDT patcher (unless you were using a DSDT patcher that got corrupted somehow) since I know what DSDT patcher fixes...and what was in your code ain't it.

I just went through it and took out the worst of code. You had HDEF code with pins in there that isn't going to work in 10.6.3. HPET wasn't patched, and you had 3 separate graphics cards partially coded into the wrong place. With this DSDT you'll need to update to 10.6.3 but you won't need NullCPUPowermanagement or Sleepenabler.

Next time you post you'll need to post your system specs, what kexts you are using, and PM me your boot.plist, smbios.plist, and your ioreg (explorer not the text version).

Speedstep should work now also.

For audio, just use voodoo in S/L/E.

Attachments

• P55-GD80.aml
    18.4 KB · Views: 97

FatShenanigans said:
As far as I can tell these are two identical copies of MSI P55-GD80 that are partially edited yet FUBAR. It's no doubt you are getting KP. These were vanilla (meaning you personally extracted them from your bios) or you got them from someone who claimed them to be vanilla? This is partially why I triple check everything I read on forums these days and I only use DSDT's that I get myself. There's no way that these are either vanilla or edited by DSDT patcher (unless you were using a DSDT patcher that got corrupted somehow) since I know what DSDT patcher fixes...and what was in your code ain't it.

I extracted them myself, but used getDSDT.sh on SL. When I think about it, SL wouldn't boot without a patched DSDT so I used one that closely resembles my system and immediatly rolled my own .... could it be that doing it this way (load a DSDT and then extract one from ioreg) just returns the patched DSDT not the one that's really in your BIOS?

I'll attach one that's extracted from within Linux and should be vanilla.

FatShenanigans said:
I just went through it and took out the worst of code. You had HDEF code with pins in there that isn't going to work in 10.6.3. HPET wasn't patched, and you had 3 separate graphics cards partially coded into the wrong place. With this DSDT you'll need to update to 10.6.3 but you won't need NullCPUPowermanagement or Sleepenabler.

Next time you post you'll need to post your system specs, what kexts you are using, and PM me your boot.plist, smbios.plist, and your ioreg (explorer not the text version).

Speedstep should work now also.

For audio, just use voodoo in S/L/E.

The problem is I hooked up my LCD TV via DVI->HDMI, this seems to cause major problems with HDCP on SL 10.6.2 and also 10.6.3. The solution is to replace your nVidia kexts with the ones from 10.6.1. However on 10.6.3 I get a KP pointing to NVDAResman.kext, but I do have a second HFS+ partition so I'll try once more.

System specs:

MSI P55-GD85 with NEC USB3, Marvell SATAIII and jMicron 363 SATAII/IDE
first one doesn't seem to work, second one does in AHCI mode and third one only seems to work in IDE mode
Intel i7 860
Realtec 889 HDA internal
4GB Corsiar Dominator 1600 CL7 DDR3
2x Samsung F1 750GB
2x Samsung F2 1TB
1x Samsung F1 1TB connected externally
AOpen 20x IDE DVD writer
NEC 20x SATA DVD writer
2x Asus EN8800GT GPU's

Kexts in use:

E/E
AHCIPortInjector
fakesmc
JMicronATA
NullCPUPowerManagement
SleepEnabler

S/L/E
VoodooHDA
RealtecR1000SL
10.6.1 NVDANV40/50HAL and NVDAResman
PLatformUUID

Will PM the files you requested, not sure though what you mean with "ioreg (explorer not the text version)"?

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl
    250.1 KB · Views: 117

Can confirm that your DSDT and 10.6.3 work with full Speedstep/Turbo enabled. However TV out (DVI->HDMI) does not, so for now it's back to 10.6.2 and no Speedstep :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back