Contribute
Register

[HELP/QUESTION] Keep 'El Capitan+Clover' install after hardware change (motherboard and processor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z690-A Pro WiFi DDR5
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello fellows,

I've been running El Capitan (Clover bootloader) with that setup for quite some time (started with Mavericks and have been upgrading OSX version since then, and changed manually from Chimera to Clover before upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan)

Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H
i3 3440

8gb ram Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
PSU Corsair HX650
TP-Link WDN4800
MSI GeForce 550 Ti Cyclone II

OSX was running almost perfect, some sporadic freezes (maybe was the motherboard) and WDN4800 sometimes presents bad behavior, like disconnect and doesn't connect anymore 'till reboot or coldboot (completely shutdown, then boot again).

the motherboard was presenting malfunction (on/off loop before POST screen) and eventually died.

Now I've bought a new motherboard and processor

ASUS H97-Plus
i5 4690

and kept the other parts
PSU Corsair HX650
TP-Link WDN4800

my question is

would my El Capitan install boot up after proper config the BIOS of the new ASUS motherboard?

any help would be appreciate,

thanks.

sorry about the bad english.

Hello fellows,

I've been running El Capitan (Clover bootloader) with that setup for quite some time (started with Mavericks and have been upgrading OSX version since then, and changed manually from Chimera to Clover before upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan)

Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H
i3 3440

PSU Corsair HX650
TP-Link WDN4800

OSX was running almost perfect, some sporadic freezes (maybe was the motherboard) and WDN4800 sometimes presents bad behavior, like disconnect and doesn't connect anymore 'till reboot or coldboot (completely shutdown, then boot again).

the motherboard was presenting malfunction (on/off loop before POST screen) and eventually died.

Now I've bought a new motherboard and processor

ASUS H97-Plus
i5 4690

and kept the other parts
PSU Corsair HX650
TP-Link WDN4800

my question is

would my El Capitan install boot up after proper config the BIOS of the new ASUS motherboard?

any help would be appreciate,

thanks.

sorry about the bad english.

Should be able to transfer with minimal problems, may need to use the UniBeast installer for first boot.
download the latest El Capitan update (combo) from Apple support and run it. This will update S/L/E with original Apple kexts you might have replaced.
delete any audio and networking kexts in L/E previously installed with MultiBeast for the GA board
run MultiBeast to install audio and networking kext for the Asus board. Reboot.

Thanks for help and bring good news together!!! :thumbup:

I don't have the Unibeast El Cap installer key anymore (my fault) but I can make one with just Clover to be able to boot for the first time right?

I've found an DSDT for this motherboard (H97-Plus) while researching thru the Internet, should I install it with Multibeast or it's unnecessary? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back