hd4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me here, my knowledge isn't great and did my dual boot build a couple of years ago following the pro book Yosemite guide on this site (thank you). I upgraded to El Capitan awhile ago and I've not used for awhile but when I had it on the other day I noticed I had no sound.

I'd tried numerous things that I probably shouldn't have and the final thing I did earlier was open clover (in OS X) and noticed it was asking for an update so I ran install update option, once it finished installing I did a reboot and now when I select OS X I get the apple logo but no time bar as would normally be seen when loading, it just sits on the logo, seems to do the same if I select OS X backup recovery option but Windows loads ok.

Is there any way please of recovering my install? I'm praying there is!

Thank you for any help and advice.

Hi,

I have managed to get my system up and running again by using the original boot USB i'd created. However i still have no audio i'm running 10.11.6 which i understand stops audio working so i have followed the Rehabnan guide and particularly #22 and added the relevant lines to the AppleHDAIDT.kext, and downloaded kextbeast however i am running an old version of clover it seems (although i thought it updated last night) and i don't have the option to reboot without caches although i have tried adding -f in boot args and then running kext wizard but to no avail.

Can someone please tell me please, is there a guide to updating clover without messing up my current boot configuration / install or is there a guide to booting without cache in clover 2.4 4617.

Also can someone tell me if there is a guide to removing unwanted kexts please? as in the last couple of days i have tried installing the voodoo kexts from multibeast which didn't works and i now seems to be getting messages when running kext wizard about errors with voodoo?

Other than audio my setup works fine so thanks to anyone who can assist with this.

Attachments

• IMG_3644.JPG
    IMG_3644.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 85
Hi again,

Sorry but could someone please tell me am I reporting incorrectly, in the wrong section or not including the relevant information?

If I am then I apologies but please tell me what / where I need to include etc and I will do so as I don't seem to be getting any responses?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back