AMD 3900X
Graphics
AMD RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hello mate,

i trying to Install Lion On my SandyBridge Notebook through this guide: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -lion.html

the problem is i cant boot the XMove Installer Partition with IBOOT Legacy Neither With IBOOT 3.1. so please can someone be so kind to help me out and yes i know my Geforce wont work is ok is fine if i can get intel HD to work!! by the way i can only boot my snow leopard ONLY with a boot cd. so i could not find a proper bootloader that work on my system. so i have a extern disk with snow leopard 10.6.7. booted with iboot 3.1 fine ofcourse no drivers trackpad doesn't work. so when i boot with iboot 3.1 and select XMove Installer the notebook restart itself.

Asus N53SN-SZ139V

Intel Core i7 2630QM - 2,0GHz - Intel HM65 chipset

6 GB DDR3 @ 1333MHZ

120GB SSD OCZ VERTEX 2

NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M 2GB

Intel HD 3000

Support USB 3

do you have a Windows installation DVD or a partition with Windows on it? I might be able to help you if you have one.

yes i do have a windows 7 parttion on it!!! so what can i do? thank u for replaying

come on guys help me on this. please post no nonsense. i just want help to get it done right. it may help others user with the same issue.

fariel23 said:
come on guys help me on this. please post no nonsense. i just want help to get it done right. it may help others user with the same issue.

Read the laptop forum, what you are doing is close to impossible if not impossible. If it has been done before there will be a guide, if you can not find a guide give up. If you absolutely got to have OSX buy and apple product, or buy a desktop with compatible parts.

I promise you, that you will not get everything working 100% on your laptop.

i found a LION PC FIX DVD on the net and i must say it worked!!! :D BUT :(
i have no sound, bluetooth, WIFI & INTEL HD 3000. also i can only boot it trought the dvd. cant find or dont know a bootloader. please mates as u see it is posible with ur help it can be done so if someone be so kind to help me out with the KEXT & BOOTLOADER i wil be very happy and thankful!!!

let's get you booting first.

go to terminal type:

sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI
sudo mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

the sudo command will require you to type you password

Ok, now you should have a mounted EFI volume in your finder.

Next step populate it with a boot loader:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/Fnqk2Yu

download this zip file and copy it's contents to your EFI volume. I've customized the boot strings in the boot.plist for your processor. With luck this should get you booting from your hard drive.

minusdriver said:
let's get you booting first.

go to terminal type:

sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI
sudo mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

the sudo command will require you to type you password

Ok, now you should have a mounted EFI volume in your finder.

Next step populate it with a boot loader:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/Fnqk2Yu

download this zip file and copy it's contents to your EFI volume. I've customized the boot strings in the boot.plist for your processor. With luck this should get you booting from your hard drive.

hey mate thank u for helping me out very kind of u!!! it worked i can dual boot now from windows 7 & lion again thank u!!! i would be very happy to have my intel HD 3000 working, WIFI & sound card. by the way my trackpad works! out of the box! i can see my 6GB DDR3 1333MHZ also. also cpu is good.

hey mate thank u for helping me out very kind of u!!! it worked i can dual boot now from windows 7 & lion again thank u!!! i would be very happy to have my intel HD 3000 working, WIFI & sound card. by the way my trackpad works! out of the box! i can see my 6GB DDR3 1333MHZ also. also cpu is good.

No problem, I'm glad it worked for you! If you give me some more info on your machine(audio,wifi card, bios version,and so on) I'll try to help you get it working. I know how frustrating a new build can be...it takes alot of trial and error.

Fortunately, our machines are similar and I've already been there....so, Glad to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back