Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Buyers guide July 2015 - Customac deluxe

Motherboard - Gigabyte Z97N + WIFI + Bluetooth

I bought this motherboard as per the customac guidelines and also through the amazon link to this website. It clearly says on there that the bluetooth should work fine - I have had nothing but problems and no one on this forum willing to help this far. I have also done a search in regards to this and found no fix. The on board bluetooth is hit and miss.

So I decided again to go back to the buyers guide and purchase the IO Gear USB Bluetooth dongle - again as per the buyers guide and through the amazon affiliate link. This works OK when in the system but there is a problem.

When I initially boot the PC up and get to the login screen I cannot use the bluetooth keyboard or mouse - they will only work when logged in. What this means is that I have to connect a USB keyboard and mouse overtime I boot the PC just to log in. Is there anyway around this? Please?

Thanks in advance

I use the same Bluetooth dongle on Yosemite and can use my bluetooth keyboard and mouse at the login screen.

I'm assuming you're on Yosemite? What bootloader are you using? Are you using GenericUSBXHCI.kext?

Hi. I'm using Chameleon. No I've not heard of that?

Hi. I'm using Chameleon. No I've not heard of that?

Good. USB3 is natively supported in Yosemite, one of my errors was that I had included that kext mistakenly. The only additional advice I can share is to try moving the dongle, switching USB ports and/or getting it closer to your devices. With mine placed at the back of the tower, it would take a long time for the keyboard / mouse to connect. Moving it to a front USB port that was closer to the devices solved my issues.

Thanks - yeah I've already tried all of that. Tried everything I can think of with no luck!

Anyone else think they can hold me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back