Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi guys,
after trying around the last 12 hours, i cant make it alone...

my parts:
- Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Mainboard Sockel LGA 2011 (Bios is UpToDate)
- INTEL XEON E5-1620v2 3,7GHz LGA2011-0
- EVGA NVIDIA GTX 760 Grafikkarte (PCI-e, 2GB GDDR5 Speicher, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, 1 GPU) EVGA 02G-P4-2765-KR NVIDIA GTX 760 Grafikkarte (PCI-e, 2GB GDDR5 Speicher, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, 1 GPU)
- Crucial Ballistix Sport XT Speichermodul (240-Pin, DDR3 PC3-14900) 16 GB
- samsung evo 500 ssd
----
LG GH24NS95 DVD
Startech.Com PEX1394B3 PCI-Express 3-Port, Firewire 400/800
TP-Link TL-WDN4800 N900 WLAN-N Dualband-Adapter (PCI-Express, 450 Mbps)
Crucial Ballistix Sport XT Speichermodul (240-Pin, DDR3 PC3-14900) 16 GB

the videocard is in the first pci - close to the ram-slots.
i have just installed 1 x 4 gb ram in the first grey ramslot.

everythings disconnected - exept the dvd-drive and the usb-connection (for usb-stick)

i did this (http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html)
making a usb-drive with 10.8.x (straight downloaded from appstore) - looks like it works.

then i boot up with it - via F12 - selecting usb.
then i tryed the commands from here: (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/100560-guide-gigabyte-ga-x79-up4-4.html) with this commands:
UseKextCache=Yes npci=0x3000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -f
(and i tryed a few different combinations)

i dont come to the osx-installation - language-selection.

if i do it with -v -x it runs a few pages and then it ends up in a black screen.

any ideas? maybe someone has the same setup (because this are the actuall tipps for the parts from the BUYERS GUIDE may 2014)

and sorry, if there is a thread like this...havent found it. thx in advance. paul sebastian

answering myself...i am not sure, but looks like the xeons are only supported from 10.9.x on...right? :)

answering myself...i am not sure, but looks like the xeons are only supported from 10.9.x on...right? :)

The main problem is lack of support for the 9 series chip in OS X. If you want to run ML, run on 7 series chip boards or earlier for best results. 10.8.5 will run with minimal support on 8 series chip, but has problems.

I have the same motherboard (GA-X79-UP4) and same video card (EVGA GTX 760). I removed all the RAM except for one stick to simplify the installation, but I am using the same parameters:
UseKextCache=Yes npci=0x3000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -f -v

And I consistently get to the Mac OS X install screen. My problem is that post-install I get a black screen and no video. Now I do have a different CPU than you; mine is an Intel i7 4820K, so maybe that makes some difference later in the selection of a driver, but I don't see where it would affect the parameters listed above.

- Mike

Not sure if it is bad form to respond to my own post, but I eventually brought the original motherboard back to the store and got a replacement. Every so often the BIOS would indicate corruption on reboot and reload from the backup BIOS. It is nice that this machine *has* a backup copy of the BIOS, but bad that it depends on it to keep working in the first week of existence.

I didn't have any further problems of that sort after replacing the motherboard. However, it does seem to forget that it has a DVD (actually a Blueray) drive every so often. This happened with the first board too, so I suspect a driver issue for the LG BluRay Optical Drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back