Graphics
Asus EAH5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently cloned my 10.9.5 hackintosh to an SSD and I am attempting to use it in my new machine I just built.

MB: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
RAM: 16GB DDR3
Drive: 500GB SSD

I can succsesfuly boot mavericks off the SSD on my old machine. I've tried various setups in multibeast but still get the KP on the new.

Multibeast 6.5.1
FakeSMC v6.9.1315
FakeSMC v6.9.1315 + AppleACPIPlatform Rollback > v1.0.0d7
FakeSMC v6.9.1315 + AppleACPIPlatform Rollback > v1.0.0d7 + SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i7
FakeSMC v6.9.1315 + Generate CPU States

Using the flags "-x -v" still hangs.

Attached is a screen shot of the KP.

What do I need to do?

Attachments

• IMG_2335.jpg
    IMG_2335.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 193
If I try and boot with the flags DSDT=Null -x -v I get to this.

Attachments

• IMG_2337.jpg
    IMG_2337.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 232
The reason why you can get past the kernel panic by booting with DSDT=Null is because the problem is in fact your DSDT. You said that you got the SSD to boot on another system. My guess is that the DSDT was intended for that computer's motherboard, not your new one. UEFI motherboards don't even need a DSDT, so just remove it. Also post your Graphics Card please. Since you cannot get the GUI to show, it is probably a bad GPU driver. Otherwise, try a fresh install with settings for your new PC. And DELETE THAT SSDT!!! You Do NOT have a Sandy Bridge chip, you have a Haswell one!!

Hope I could help,

- Matt

I am using on board graphics for now. Will be getting a Graphics card soon maybe GTX960...

Well if you would like to use a 960, you would have to run Yosemite. nVidia's Maxwell Architecture is much to new to run Mav. I have a 960 (which I use for Windows 7) but I have an R9 270X to use in OS X (I much prefer Mav's look to Yosemite's). So if you need to use Mav, get a different card such as a 760 or an HD 7xxx or R9 2xx Series Card. For now though, use DSDT=Null and -s. Then run these commands in the command line interface that shows up:

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -r /Extra/SSDT.aml
rm -r /Extra/DSDT.aml
exit

Then reboot. You will be able to boot without the flag DSDT=Null because a DSDT will not be present.
Use Chimera to boot with the flag IGPEnabler=Yes for Intel HD 4600 Support OOB.
Try that.

Hope I could help,

- Matt

Thank you for the help so far Matt!

Now its hanging at the attached screen.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to add those flags you said. I'm using Chameleon BTW.

Things change in the hackintosh community so fast thanks to apples constant updates, I have a hard time keeping up!

I would like to update to Yosemite but I don't have an installer from the app store. I guess I'll just have to go straight to El Capitan. :( I hear it's got some issues with adobe CC. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

Attachments

• IMG_2340.jpg
    IMG_2340.jpg
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 142
Ok. Here's what I think you should do. Make a Chimera disk by following these steps:

1. Install Chimera to a Blank Disk Set to Master Boot Record (duh).
2. Use Chameleon Wizard to put the SMBIOS Mac Pro 3,1 in the /Extra folder.
3. Use Chameleon Wizard to set the Default Boot device to the USB. Make sure that you are editing the USB's org.Chameleon.Boot.plist, not your Hard Drive's.
4. Boot from the USB Device with the flags IGPEnabler=Yes -v.
5. Post your results.

You can do this from an existing Mac or if you boot the SSD up in your old system.

- Matt

lol so I've been just just putting the SSD in my old hackintosh and running Multibeast from the original copy of mavericks. I just noticed it says installs Chimera.

So I think it's been chimera the whole time. I tried your flags and I also tried using the option in multibeast to install Intel HD 4600 neither worked. Attached is the output of your flags you suggested.

Attachments

• IMG_2342.jpg
    IMG_2342.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 140
So I bit the bullet and just put my EAH5770 in the machine for now, but I would still like to get onboard graphics working. So I am able to boot as long as I use my Graphics card. Easier to change things now.

The option for the 4600 in multibeast was "Intel 9 Series HD4600 Graphics Fix"
"Enables full acceleration for Intel HD 4600 graphics on 9 Series motherboards. Patches /System/Library/Exstentions/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext"

I think your install is screwed. Backup all your data and Reinstall. Unless you have incompatible GPU drivers installed from your old system for your Radeon. Make sure they are all vanilla and try again.

- Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back