Contribute
Register

HELP! OSX is installed, but when i try to boot into High Sierra from clover it reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I got my drive formatted and installed OSX using clover, but when i try to launch High Sierra via the clover boot screen it shows the apple logo and a loading bar for a few seconds then auto reboots the pc. What is the issue? What do i do?

Note: Ive tried using verbose mode, its shoots out TONS of text soo fast them reboots. I cant read it or take a picture fast enough

I got my drive formatted and installed OSX using clover, but when i try to launch High Sierra via the clover boot screen it shows the apple logo and a loading bar for a few seconds then auto reboots the pc. What is the issue? What do i do?
  • Boot in Verbose mode (-v boot flag) from Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen
    • In CBM screen, press Spacebar one time
    • From the next screen [√] Verbose Mode (-v)
    • Return to CBM and then boot the Disk to get Text based boot screens; not Apple Logo screen. Apple logo simply covers up any problem during boot.
    • ALWAYS use Verbose until you get a well running system without the need of a USB installer to boot.
    • Take Picture of the problem boot screen with a camera as clear as possible to upload to this Forum.

• Return to CBM and then boot the Disk to get Text based boot screens; not Apple Logo screen. Apple logo simply covers up any problem during boot.
    • ALWAYS use Verbose until you get a well running system without the need of a USB installer to boot.
    • Take Picture of the problem boot screen with a camera as clear as possible to upload to this Forum.
Note: Ive tried using verbose mode, its shoots out TONS of text soo fast them reboots. I cant read it or take a picture fast enough

I can try, but i mean it goes REALLY fast

M7XVMVd.jpg

I can try, but i mean it goes REALLY fast
Then try this:
  • In CBM screen Take a Picture of the current icons.
  • Scroll down to "Options: and take picture of Boot. Args:-
  • Scroll down to each-sub menu and open to view take picture
  • Upload all the pictures so taken from the above steps
  • Include whatever screen shot you can make just before the System reboots (you can now time the photo shoot from prior experience where the disk is likely to reboot on that fast moving verbose screen)

Thank you. I did not see this image before I wrote my response above.

But I would now like to know whether you still have your USB installer or did you remove it.
Are you booting through USB installer to enter CLOVER Boot Manager screen to boot the System Hard disk ?

Last edited:
Thank you. I did not see this image before I wrote my response above.

But I would now like to know whether you still have your USB installer or did you remove it.
Are you booting through USB installer to enter CLOVER Boot Manager screen to boot the System Hard disk ?

I am using the USB installer to get to the clover boot manager, if i remove it and try to boot it tells me "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" . And with the USB and clover it reboots. so there is a kernal panic but i have no clue how to even begin troubleshooting the issue

I am using the USB installer to get to the clover boot manager, if i remove it and try to boot it tells me "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" so there is a kernal panic but i have no clue how to even begin troubleshooting the issue
I am using the USB installer to get to the clover boot manager, if i remove it and try to boot it tells me "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" so there is a kernal panic

• Very Good Information. Thank you
  • This tells me the following
    • The System Disk may not have a properly working BOOT loader =Clover EFI Boot Loader installed on it. [Unlikely but possible> most likely the problem may be from "Bogus disk"]
    • The System Disk Depends up on your USB installer which has Clover EFI boot loader to reach CBM screen
    • Or when you try to boot, there are "Bogus" or "Phantom" disks in the BIOS Boot Menu Screen [ The screen that opens when you Press F-12 before it goes to CBM screen]that gets selected to boot , but being a Phantom disk like "Mac OS X " , it cannot boot and gives you "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Disk" error.
  • To sort this out:
    • Reboot
    • Press F12.
    • Take a Picture of that screen
    • Upload it for me to take a look and and find any clue there.

• Very Good Information. Thank you
  • This tells me the following
    • The System Disk may not have a properly working BOOT loader =Clover EFI Boot Loader installed on it. [Unlikely but possible> most likely the problem may be from "Bogus disk"]
    • The System Disk Depends up on your USB installer which has Clover EFI boot loader to reach CBM screen
    • Or when you try to boot, there are "Bogus" or "Phantom" disks in the BIOS Boot Menu Screen [ The screen that opens when you Press F-12 before it goes to CBM screen]that gets selected to boot , but being a Phantom disk like "Mac OS X " , it cannot boot and gives you "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Disk" error.
  • To sort this out:
    • Reboot
    • Press F12.
    • Take a Picture of that screen
    • Upload it for me to take a look and and find any clue there.
XHAIAs6.jpg

• Your Samsung SSD is not UEFI ,
    • You have either not installed CLOVER
    • or installed it in Legacy mode NOT UEFI
  • The only bootable device in that list is your UEFI Flash disk
  • Since even with USB installer the SSD panics , you cannot reach Desktop to edit its CLOVER
  • Your best option is to boot using your UEFI Flash disk >Reformat the SSD in HFS+J format.
  • This time it may work in the Disk Utility and may not need Terminal command.
  • Then reinstall HS
Next time use all the steps we had gone through to check if you encounter any problems like this.

Remember during Mac HS install there may be 3-4 reboots
  • Firs reboot in 2 minuets
  • You should press F-12 and select your UEFI Flash on every reboot until you run Multibeast 10.1 on the new SSD with HS and then boot to desktop using your Login Name/Password. After that stage you can Eject your USB installer to kllet HS SSD to boot on its own.
  • Once you select USB to get into Clover Boot Manager Screen , you switch to SSD to continue second and 3rd reboot
  • Then you will see 3 icons. your USB installer+New SSD with HS+ HS Recovery Disk: now you are in a safe zone.
  • Hope things are clear to you as to what to expect.
For some images of how things should look check #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back