CPU
Intel i7 6700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD530 / nVidia 980m, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OpenCore Big Sur stuck after booting the installer.

I am trying to install Big Sur on my Asus Rog GL552. I followed guide from https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/.
Installer boots successfully but after all verbose logs disappears and apple logo with progress bar appears, install stuck and nothing happens.
I tried to use CpuTscSync.kext and TSCAdjustReset.kext as is suggested in the Dortania guide but with no results.
My current OpenCore setup and config.plist are attached.

Any ideas how this problem could be solved?

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.9 KB · Views: 86
  • OC.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 73
OpenCore Big Sur stuck after booting the installer.

I am trying to install Big Sur on my Asus Rog GL552. I followed guide from https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/.
Installer boots successfully but after all verbose logs disappears and apple logo with progress bar appears, install stuck and nothing happens.
I tried to use CpuTscSync.kext and TSCAdjustReset.kext as is suggested in the Dortania guide but with no results.
My current OpenCore setup and config.plist are attached.

Any ideas how this problem could be solved?

@Feartech Thanks for sharing guide.
I tried exactly the same OC setup and config.plist which are presented in guide for Skylake systems, but got the same result. Installer is booting, verbose logs disappears, apple logo with progress bar appears and installer stuck at that moment.
Just FYI I am trying to install Big Sur 11.5 and I am using OC v0.70

Any other ideas how this problem could be solved?

@Feartech Thanks for sharing guide.
I tried exactly the same OC setup and config.plist which are presented in guide for Skylake systems, but got the same result. Installer is booting, verbose logs disappears, apple logo with progress bar appears and installer stuck at that moment.
Just FYI I am trying to install Big Sur 11.5 and I am using OC v0.70

Any other ideas how this problem could be solved?
my guide uses MacBookPro13,1 for skylake

For previous MacOS versions(with clover) I used MacBookPro13,3 and for current setup of OC I am using same MacBookPro13,3.
@Feartech do you think wrong SMBIOS configuration could be a problem?

For previous MacOS versions(with clover) I used MacBookPro13,3 and for current setup of OC I am using same MacBookPro13,3.
@Feartech do you think wrong SMBIOS configuration could be a problem?
you can follow my guide and use the files as that is setup for Skylake

@Feartech That what I did, after your first reply. I took config.plist form your guide, used same ACPI files and the same kexts, just updated them.
You can take a look at my latest OC setup. It is the same as in your guide.
Installer is booting successfully but after verbose logs disappears, it freezes at apple logo.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 75
@Feartech That what I did, after your first reply. I took config.plist form your guide, used same ACPI files and the same kexts, just updated them.
You can take a look at my latest OC setup. It is the same as in your guide.
Installer is booting successfully but after verbose logs disappears, it freezes at apple logo.
you had a working system here:

can you use the files from there?

@Feartech That setup was clover based. I can use ACPI files, but as I understood clover config.plist and OC config.plist are not compatible.

@Feartech That setup was clover based. I can use ACPI files, but as I understood clover config.plist and OC config.plist are not compatible.
correct, you have to make the changes necessary

if you need renames, then make sure they are added to your config,plist

if you need aml files, make sure to use those as well etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back