Contribute
Register

Help on patching config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
you will probably end up corrupting your config.plist by copying and pasting at the bottom of your file

use a plist editor to add patches to your config.plist

I did a search for plist editor... it came up with a link to this forum.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-edit-clover-config-plist.174320/

How to edit clover config-plist

"
1. Mount EFI if Clover installed to the EFI partition
2. Open /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist in any text editor
3. Save file
"

Ok, so you are telling me, I'll end up corrupting my config.plist, but this tells me to just edit it with a text editor.

Sigh... What config editor? How do I apply the patch?

I did a search for plist editor... it came up with a link to this forum.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-edit-clover-config-plist.174320/

How to edit clover config-plist

"
1. Mount EFI if Clover installed to the EFI partition
2. Open /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist in any text editor
3. Save file
"

Ok, so you are telling me, I'll end up corrupting my config.plist, but this tells me to just edit it with a text editor.

Sigh... What config editor? How do I apply the patch?

Always use a plist editor, never a text editor... because you probably do not understand plist/XML syntax well enough.

Use Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Always use a plist editor, never a text editor... because you probably do not understand plist/XML syntax well enough.

Use Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Why hasn't anyone answered the question? We need to know how to apply the patch, not what tool to use. Telling us to use Xcode or PlistEdit Pro does not help. I've searched high and low for the answer to this, and no luck.

Why hasn't anyone answered the question? We need to know how to apply the patch, not what tool to use. Telling us to use Xcode or PlistEdit Pro does not help. I've searched high and low for the answer to this, and no luck.

Simple matter of using copy/paste to copy the desired patches from one plist to another.

All of this is done with PListEdit Pro!

But on what level? Simply copy pasting the new plist into the old one does not do what it we want (merging). If the content of the plist patch is pasted at the end the content of the original plist is saved and if the content of the plist patch is pasted at the beginning only the content of the plist patch is saved.

When we talk about the individual tree entries and childs do we replace or merge the content? For example Root > Boot > Arguments. Should we keep -v arch=X86_64 slide=0 darkwake=0 and append dart=0 nv_disable=1 -disablegfxfirmware -cdfon -igfxnohdmi -lilucpu=9 or should we replace?

Nevermind, the guide I used wasn't ideal. Hadn't to patch the plist but completely replace it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back