Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, I follow the guides and I ready, But i have problem to make my graphics monster card work :( i cant found any info on this card.

Ati w7100

Any help or advice?

Thanks to all!...

Hi all, I follow the guides and I ready, But i have problem to make my graphics monster card work :( i cant found any info on this card.

Ati w7100

Any help or advice?

Thanks to all!...

Why do you think this graphics card even works?

Have you found anybody who has ever used it before?

A cursory check of this forum shows up a number of people who have tried to get it working and failed. The fact that you have found zero info is a clue as to its popularity on this forum.

Also simply saying you have a problem gives zero information on how to help. What guides have you followed? what error do you have? What have you done? What has worked? Whats failed?

My simple guess is that the card has no chance of working without some skilled input and you should get your money back for your 'monster' card ASAP. Then go and buy a proper supported graphics card. You did of course check that it worked before you brought it and have the chance to get a refund?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Sorry for my bad joke about "moster" card, actually I had some free time and one HD free and I just want to try out a hackintosh, but its ok!

I will still searching info, but in the worst case its ok! i dont really need a OSX its just a test and enjoy free time. Maybe some linux could be fun too.

I still try, any info I will be posting to help the community.

Thanks for your sincere words Rob. Have a good day!

Why do you think this graphics card even works?

Have you found anybody who has ever used it before?

A cursory check of this forum shows up a number of people who have tried to get it working and failed. The fact that you have found zero info is a clue as to its popularity on this forum.

Also simply saying you have a problem gives zero information on how to help. What guides have you followed? what error do you have? What have you done? What has worked? Whats failed?

My simple guess is that the card has no chance of working without some skilled input and you should get your money back for your 'monster' card ASAP. Then go and buy a proper supported graphics card. You did of course check that it worked before you brought it and have the chance to get a refund?

Rob
Why the discouraging words? Obviously there is little info about this card because it's expensive and that it is a professional workstation GPU. No one is going to buy this card just for fun and try to install OS X. To OP: maybe you won't find info about this card because having a Hackintosh as a professional workstation wouldn't be ideal (and most software like CAD aren't even available on OS X so what's the use??). Of course you can still try installing OS X using Clover (you might get a better chance of the card working using ATi injection than other legacy boot loaders). I really wanted to get this card to try it out but unfortunately I don't have sufficient funds. :( I might try it out in the future.

I'd have a look at the driver to find a device id of a similar card which is supported and inject this id.
I think the 5K iMac has a Tonga-GPUs like your FirePro. It's certainly not 100% the same, but there's some hope that OSX drivers will support your card.

I really appreciate your help! I delete the unibeast and now i going clover.

I will let you all know what i will do with my w7100.

I want to ask:

How stable for work is the hackintosh.?

its really good for work environment?

Thanks for all!

^ Any luck with that?

I really appreciate your help! I delete the unibeast and now i going clover.

I will let you all know what i will do with my w7100.

I want to ask:

How stable for work is the hackintosh.?

its really good for work environment?

Thanks for all!

My hackintosh works 24/7. I use it for all my development needs. It runs very large data sets (20-60GB) on a regular basis, its as reliable as my iMac or my Macbook or my older MacPro.

I have no issues with it at all.

Rob

Hi, W7100 can be used under Yosemite 10.10.5.
First, according to the Florian's suggest, I have modified the both the files of info.plist in the packages of AMD9000Contoller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext, respectively. I have added the device id of 0x692b1002 to the device list in the item of IOPCIMatch, then save the file and repair permission using kext wizard.

Second, update the clover to the version of 3438. after rebooting the system, you can view that AMD Firepro w7100 is listed in the clover boot graphics option.

Third, modifying the FrameBuffer.

But, there is still a problem left that the graphics card is shown as Radeon R9xxx. I have no time to fix this problem.

Hello, I have some issue, i made part of what simin63 said, and the ati w7100 apears in the system preferences but says that has only 5mb. i only did the " device id of 0x692b1002" :(

Can someone explain me about the "info.plist in the packages of AMD9000Contoller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext" i dont know where to find that kext, and also I dont know if that is part of the problem.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back