2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Classic
  3. iMac
  4. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My HP Probook 450 G5 has developed a quirk in NVRam that has turned into a hair pulling experience! Like I have enough hair to do that...

Among other changes, it has permanently installed boot-args "-v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1. " which attaches itself to the end of the boot-vars from config.plist.

I have tried entering from Terminal:
Code:
sudo nvram boot-args=""

as well as:
Code:
sudo nvram -c

I have also removed the nvram.plist from the EFI Partition.

I have reset the BIOS to Factory Default and re-configured it for Hackintosh.

I have disassembled the computer to remove the CMOS battery and shorted its terminals. The computer did report that the onboard time was wrong.

Without the Hard Drive & NvMe, booting from a thumb drive (boots properly on two other HP Notebooks, Probook 640 G3 & Elitebook 850 G4) I STILL get the extra commands in the boot-args!

It boots Windows 10 fine, but rarely boots successfully into OS X Mojave.

I was thinking that I could put some symbol at the end of the arguments in config.plist to mark everything following them as comments?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
LasVegas

Last edited:

What is the difference in reference to NVRam? Where would I post it for Laptops? And where is this forum designated for Destop Only?

LasVegas

Note that this is NOT a Mojave problem! This is a boot/Clover problem. It has NOTHING to do with the fact that this is a Laptop nor that the Laptop is running Mojave!

Note that this is NOT a Mojave problem! This is a boot/Clover problem. It has NOTHING to do with the fact that this is a Laptop nor that the Laptop is running Mojave!

You have a Laptop that has Mojave installed therefore this is a more appropriate forum than General Help which is designated for Desktops only.

You may find the 'sticky' guides in the Multi Booting forum helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back