Motherboard
Asus Rampage iv Extreme Black Edition
CPU
i7 3970x OC 4.7Ghz
Graphics
GTX 780 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello i have problem with evga 780 ti .. i installed web driver and cuda... but the fans runs at 100% in idle.
i have check the tempetures its everythink works great.

My System CPU: Intel Core i7 3970x LGA 2011 3.50.Ghz (6 Core/12 Thread)
CPU WaterCooling : Corsair H100i
GPU: Evga GTX 780 Ti Superclocked 3GB DDR5
RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz
SSD: Asus Rog RAIDR Express MLC 240GB PCIe Internal Solid State
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7.200RPM
PSU: OCZ 1000Watt
ODD: Plextor PX-891SA
MoBo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Z
Speaker System: Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround
Case: Aerocool Xpredator Full Tower
Monitor : LG 27' 3D Smart TV TM2792s
Camera: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
Mouse: Razer Ouroboros

Anyone can help me ?

anyone?? u guys care only for your selfs..

hey rooy1 did you fix the issue? I have the same card, and the fan is crazy, I think it might be the superclocked edition, and only under yosemite, because mine was working fine under mavericks. please tell me if you fixed it somehow.

also my fan works normaly after waking up from sleep mode, but my usb drivers stop so its not a workaround.

thanks

hey rooy1 did you fix the issue? I have the same card, and the fan is crazy, I think it might be the superclocked edition, and only under yosemite, because mine was working fine under mavericks. please tell me if you fixed it somehow.

also my fan works normaly after waking up from sleep mode, but my usb drivers stop so its not a workaround.

thanks

Same problem with my 780 (non-ti). After sleep the fans work fine.

Did you ever figure out what was causing it? I've installed my system running fine with chimera but when I use Clover everything seems to actually run better except the fans on my GTX 780 ti run at full 100%. No matter what I do they come on about 1 min after the system is running. This is with the newest web drivers and with 10.10.2

My GPU is a GTX 780 and I'm using Clover, I have the same problem but thought at first it was Clover related (along with the AptioFixDrv problem when using Nvidia_drivers -> on Z87 need to use AptioFixDrv2 and on X99 a modified version of Clover found on insanelymac here is the link as the thread is down now : https://www.dropbox.com/s/biplmftjnricc7a/Clover_v2.3k_r3168.zip?dl=0)

Are you experiencing this with chimera or any chameleon branch ?

It's very difficult to understand where this problem comes from but here is my experience maybe we will be able to cross some of these informations and figure out what's going on.

The problem appeared as I first installed the 10.10.1 Nvidia drivers. Then it disappeared when I overclocked my GPU on windows (drivers were operating poorly though). It came back a week later with a AptioFixDrv boot fail on reboot. I switched back to Apple retail drivers and tried again when 10.10.2 came out. This time drivers were running great and the graphic card quietly.
But unfortunately the problem came back this morning.
I'm sometime dual booting on windows (like the time I overclocked the GTX 780) and even if I can't really see how this could be related if feel it needs to be mentioned.

PM!

Edit : the thread related to the X99 fix for AptioFixDrv and 10.10.2 seems to be back online :
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...emory-exceeds-our-allocated-relocation-block/

So using the modified OsxAptioFixDrv2 [FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]your gpu fan issue is now resolved? So reinstall that modded version of clover with [/FONT]OsxAptioFixDrv2 instead of OsxAptioFixDrv ? You think it's a confliction between Nvidia web drivers and OsxAptioFixDrv ? Also what is modified? haha so many questions. Sorry just trying to make sense of this. Thanks for the link btw!

I tried the Modified Cover and selected OsxAptioFixDrv2 . system won't boot. at the apple logo a circle with an X through it. But when I do an installation with OsxAptioFixDrv it will boot. I just have the 780ti fans come back on full speed.

So I made some progress. I installed the kexts from this except LPCSensors.kext http://hwsensors.com/public/HWSensors.TEST.zip
and now my GPU doesn't go full 100% fans. And I can actually see the tempature which is awesome. But now the fans run at 19 rpm. and the idle temp is like 41 degrees which seems kind of high. Also under heavy load using Heaven the temps hit 62 degrees and watching the fans stay at 19 rpm is not good.

I'm having the same issue. I hope someone finds a good solution for this.

Anyone know if this is particular to the GK110B chips perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back