Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, i've been following the osx86 since quite some time from behind the scenes. My alc888 does not want to work even after i installed legacy alc888 and hda enabler...only the front panel line out works. I've also tried voodoo but no success. I have tried lots of kexts including the one from Bansaku. I also followed a tutorial where i had to change the id on a plist(i've forgotten the name as i was feeling too sleepy). Nothing seems to work. I just did a clean install. Front panel seems to work by default. Installed voodoo but now no audio device is found. I now going to move the kext to trash, install default legacy alc888 and hda enabler from multibeast. Then will repair permissions and see what happens.. This did not work before i did the clean install. Can somebody give me working solution??? I'm getting desperate day by day. :banghead: My motherboard is a gigabyte ga-eg41mf-us2h

Ok guys, after installation, i have gone in audio preferences and selected headphones from the default audio devices. I works for the time being. Now i need to enable 5.1 audio. Can somebody help me with that? o_O

luke1708 said:
Ok guys, after installation, i have gone in audio preferences and selected headphones from the default audio devices. I works for the time being. Now i need to enable 5.1 audio. Can somebody help me with that? o_O
Did you try searching?

MacMan said:
luke1708 said:
Did you try searching?

I was searching for alc888 driver for snow leopard. But looking on the last page of Bansaku's thread (page 10). I found a link which he gave to another member. I can confirm that my audio works flawlessly. All line out ar detected, though i cannot figure out how to make all the speakers work together. thanks.

luke1708 said:
MacMan said:
luke1708 said:
Did you try searching?

I was searching for alc888 driver for snow leopard. But looking on the last page of Bansaku's thread (page 10). I found a link which he gave to another member. I can confirm that my audio works flawlessly. All line out ar detected, though i cannot figure out how to make all the speakers work together. thanks.
So you never searched for 5.1 audio or looked in the Audio Forum?

Guys, thanks for your inputs. Actually i used this method and the static sound comes through all 5 speakers when tested but i don't get 5.1 when playing audio on itunes. Is it like the windows side where i get all speakers plating at the same time or do i need to watch a movie with true 5.1 audio for it to activate?

luke1708 said:
Guys, thanks for your inputs. Actually i used this method and the static sound comes through all 5 speakers when tested but i don't get 5.1 when playing audio on itunes. Is it like the windows side where i get all speakers plating at the same time or do i need to watch a movie with true 5.1 audio for it to activate?
To get 5.1 you you need to use something like vlc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back