Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I need help for my new install of Mac OS 10.11. I created a USB key with Unibeast 6 (8Go USB) on my MacBook.
I used default bios parameter, and change secure boot to Other OS, I checked the other options in my bios system.
I used only USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of my PC. I used my monitor with displayport to mini display port or HDMI.
But I have the same problem, during the boot from USB key, I have a kernel panic during 2secs and black screen and reboot. I tested with lot of arguments : "-x -v maxmem=4096 or 8192" etc… I tested with "cpus=1" my PC boot but I have a black screen and my monitor enter I save mode.

My PC config :
Asus Maximus VII Formula
Intel i7 4790K
Corsair RAM 32Go 2400MHz
SSD 256Go
Gigabyte GTX 770 2Go

I checked this thread : http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...st-solutions-el-capitan-install-problems.html
I found this solution : "nv_disable=1" and it's work !

BUT, I can't boot without this argument in my new hackintosh : "cpus=1 nv_disable=1"
I installed this driver for my GPU http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...raphics-drivers-os-x-10-11-0-346-03-02-a.html but not works…

Thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah ! I can boot without "cpus=1" argument after launch ssdtPRGen.
But my fan are constantly at 100%, it's very noise :(

I thought that my GPU GTX 770 was compatible with OS X, but I can't boot without this other argument "nv_disable=1"
I tested with WebDriver-346.03.02f01 but not working…

Thank you very much !

You should remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext if you have it installed (in either /S/L/E/ or EFI/CLOVER/kexts/...)

Booting with nv_disable=1 doesn't sound right. You can try nvda_drv=1 I guess if you have the Web drivers installed. (I'm not sure what version is current as I don't use them myself, but you can double-check that.)

I tested with other new install, but my GTX 770 not working again with WebDriver-346.03.02f01 installed and nvda_drv=1 argument, now during apple logo loading bar, my monitor switch off…

Edit : I switch DisplayPort to HDMI, and, IT'S WORKS ! :)

Last edited:
I checked the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/... = nothing
Where is /S/L/E/ directory ?

Glad to hear it's working. /S/L/E/ is short for /System/Library/Extensions/ and if you can't see /System by default in a Finder window you can hit Command-Shift-G and enter /System into the box that comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back