Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all, first time on this forum, trying to make a hackintosh/windows dual boot on my very first build. Before i get into specifics, here are my specs:

CPU: intel i7 4790k quad core 4.0 ghz
mobo: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 970 4gb
SSD:SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

now when booting, i do have VT-t and the Cfg lock disabled in the mobo options. also I am aware that for there is a certain downloadable driver update for the graphics card that i use so its supports yosemite, which i have already acquired. so basically all i need now (unless there is something I overlooked/missing) is the correct boot flags to get the installation going. I am using unibeast usb boot along with multibeast (however I am hearing for my certain setup clover should also be considered, what do you guys think?). So far, when i boot from the chimera screen without boot flags I've had two outcomes: (1 the white screen with the apple logo shows up and a loading bar shows up, but stops and doesnt move after on filling up a tiny bit. the other which i'm experiencing now is the loading bar doesnt fill up at all. I've tried some boot flags (npci, graphics enabler, -x, etc.) but so far i haven't hit the right combination. the image I got when verbose mode stopped will be posted

IMG_0022.JPG

Can Anybody help me out? Much appreciated.

it gets stuck here, wont move. hell, i'm not sure if these components are even compatible for os x.

it gets stuck here, wont move. hell, i'm not sure if these components are even compatible for os x.

Remove your Graphics Card and connect monitor to onboard DVI/HDMI port without converters.

Then try booting with "dart=0 -v -x -f". Post Result.

tried that, got this:

IMG_0023.JPG
basically the same thing, just without the last line

tried that, got this:

View attachment 133242
basically the same thing, just without the last line

Is the BIOS running with latest firmware??

Load optimized defaults on BIOS then make the changes as below (Ignore those are not available),

1. Set Boot Mode to Legacy/CSM Enabled
2. Disable Secure Boot
3. Disable Fast Boot
4. Disable CFG-Lock
5. Set OS Type as Other OS
6. Disable VT-D
7. Disable TPM
8. Set SATA Mode as AHCI
9. Disable EIST (Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology)
10. Enable USB Legacy Support
11. Set xHCI mode as AUTO (Not SMART Auto)
12. Set xHCI Hand-Off as Enabled
13. Enable the EHCI Hand-off
14. Enable HPET
15. Set HPET to 64-Bit

Remove all other hardwares other than one piece of RAM, Keyboard,Mouse,One HDD/SSD. Connect monitor to onboard DVI/HDMI port without converters.

Then try to boot and post result.

So far its a success! installed just fine, just now have to get chimera and the right drivers setup now

So far its a success! installed just fine, just now have to get chimera and the right drivers setup now

Hi Gphazor, i got the same mobo. First time trying hackintosh. Could you point me in the right direction on a tutorial to follow to install os x, and then have it setup to dual boot with my windows 8 drive?

Thanks you

Can you post a picture of your Mobo settings so I can see them?My build s identical to yours minus the graphics card and the ssd and I can't get past that Apple screen with the load bar either.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back