Contribute
Register

Help needed with overclocking GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, bios U1h, running Mountain Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock z75 Pro3
CPU
Intel i7-2600k Unlocked CPU
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 TI 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I installed Mountain Lion on the system today...

- Intel i7-2600k Unlocked CPU
- Gigabyte LGA 1155, GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard r1.3 with U1h bios.
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 TI 1GB Graphic card
- Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 Ram - 16GB
- Corsair Carbide 500R
- Corsair H60 Water Cooling Unit
- Corsair 120Go Force3 SATA 3 SSD
- Corsair HX650W ATX power supply

Everything is working beside the overclocking. Is there something I can do to make it happen? BIOS settings, MultiBeast ?

Many thanks for your time and help.

I'm installing nearly the exact same system today. What install settings did you use to get everything working? For OC I believe you need to use SSDT. I don't know much about it yet but I will be doing the same so I'm interested in any responses.

I overclocked on a different board (ASUS Rampage Formula 3) what I can say that if you overlclock you might not be able to put your system to sleep properly, for me I have to choose between my overclock settings or sleep mode I can't have both unfortunately (it might do the same to you), also for me I rather use some usefull tools to stress test your system on windows instead of OS X (that's just me how I like to do it) and since you have a SandyBridge you probably need to install a SSDT from muiltibeast for OS X to read the speed properly, make sure you take it easy when you overclock by increasing your system speed a bit more , I also highly recommned that you change the CPU voltage manually as I find leaving it on Auto can make your system overheat way to easily, but since you have a different board to me it's probably best you follow some overclocking guides relating to your board. Remeber overclock one step at a time to see how far you can push your system, don't rush!

I'm installing nearly the exact same system today. What install settings did you use to get everything working? For OC I believe you need to use SSDT. I don't know much about it yet but I will be doing the same so I'm interested in any responses.

I really am a newbie...

1) I did a fresh install of Mountain Lion using UniBeast. (After install reboot was with GraphicsEnabler=NO)
2) I used the following Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 pack Mountain Lion edition: http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2963&page=2

But the instructions were really bad IMHO. When watching the video explanations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Ps_UoNauE&feature=g-upl
I never understood why his options were checked by default and not mine.

3) I ran the tool without really knowing what options to select and replaced the DSDT.aml file in /Extra by the one provided.
4) Restarted. Had no sound so I ran latest MultiBeast Mountain Lion to selected the Realtek ACL889.
5) Restarted. Now have sound. When I send the computer to sleep it wakes up after but it doesn't seem to go to sleep by it self.
6) Not sure how to verify that USB3 is enabled or not. But I'm able to mount USB drives in the USB3 ports. I'm not sure if this a valid verification though and I don't think it's ok since it seems unmount on its own sometimes.

Hello, I installed Mountain Lion on the system today...

- Intel i7-2600k Unlocked CPU
- Gigabyte LGA 1155, GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard r1.3 with U1h bios.
- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 TI 1GB Graphic card
- Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3 Ram - 16GB
- Corsair Carbide 500R
- Corsair H60 Water Cooling Unit
- Corsair 120Go Force3 SATA 3 SSD
- Corsair HX650W ATX power supply

Everything is working beside the overclocking. Is there something I can do to make it happen? BIOS settings, MultiBeast ?

Many thanks for your time and help.

I have similar setup but running F12 Bios. First things, you need to use the BIOS reset Patch in Multibeast as I discovered this the hard way. Second, all you need to really do is go into your BIOS MIT Tweak settings and change the clock multipler to whatever you want. I have it running at 43x (4.3Ghz) default is 34x. I am sure I can go higher but I have found this to be stable for a lot of video/film work. I also have my memory profile XMP set to Profile 1. Also, am using the i7 Overclock SSDT from MB. All working fine!

SPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back