ATI Raedon Express 200 Series
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

I know that there you guys have taken a lot of trouble in putting up useful guides and I'm thankful.
But I'm a beginner in regards to dual booting and after having read so many guides with so many hardware specifications, I'm really confused.

I intend on spending something around 300$ - 500$ to put together a new system on which I wish to have Windows 7 (x64) as the main Os and MacOS X Yosemite as the secondary Os (dual boot).

I've checked the buyer's guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-march-2015.html) and have gotten even more confused. As I undersand, these guides help one build a custom Mac. But will I able to install Window 7 on it? And then install Mac ?

If you know of any hardware specifications that have worked. Please let me know.

Also, if you could please point me to the guide that is simple/right/working/ or the one that has worked for you.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys,

I know that there you guys have taken a lot of trouble in putting up useful guides and I'm thankful.
But I'm a beginner in regards to dual booting and after having read so many guides with so many hardware specifications, I'm really confused.

I intend on spending something around 300$ - 500$ to put together a new system on which I wish to have Windows 7 (x64) as the main Os and MacOS X Yosemite as the secondary Os (dual boot).

I've checked the buyer's guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-march-2015.html) and have gotten even more confused. As I undersand, these guides help one build a custom Mac. But will I able to install Window 7 on it? And then install Mac ?

If you know of any hardware specifications that have worked. Please let me know.

Also, if you could please point me to the guide that is simple/right/working/ or the one that has worked for you.

Thanks in advance.

You will not be able to build a new system with all new parts for $300-$500. The Customac Budget ATX build will run you $514 without the WiFi card and with a second SSD for Windows add another $70 for a total of $584 @ Newegg.
This is with the parts listed in the buyer's guide using the i3 and only 8GB of RAM and a 120GB SSD for each OS. If you watch carefully you can sometimes save quite a bit on the parts with weekly sales and rebates.

As far as dual booting goes, if the hardware will run OS X it will run Windows.

Thank you,I appreciate it very much :clap:, I am so relieved right now.:D
And yes, thanks for the suggestion too. I will put together the required parts from the buyers guide an share it out here. If you have any personal favorites or know for sure (through experience) that a certain configuration works well. Do share it.

I'm really sorry if I'm asking too much.

Thank you,I appreciate it very much :clap:, I am so relieved right now.:D
And yes, thanks for the suggestion too. I will put together the required parts from the buyers guide an share it out here. If you have any personal favorites or know for sure (through experience) that a certain configuration works well. Do share it.

I'm really sorry if I'm asking too much.
Take a stroll through the User Builds and Golden Builds forums to see what other members have built. Most include parts lists and "what I did to get it to work" guides in their build descriptions.

These are subforums under Forum->The Build

Thanks, I've been going through the builds. They are useful. But I still have a question, as this is a forum fox x86 systems (I'm think so) are the builds/ configurations in the buyer's guide for 64 bit systems? As I think Maverick and Yosemite are x64 systems.

Please advise.

Thanks, I've been going through the builds. They are useful. But I still have a question, as this is a forum fox x86 systems (I'm think so) are the builds/ configurations in the buyer's guide for 64 bit systems? As I think Maverick and Yosemite are x64 systems.

Please advise.

X86 is a holdover from older systems and refers to CPU, not OS.

OS can be 32 bit or 64 bit, but OS X has been 64 bit by default since Lion. Mountain Lion and later are all 64 bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back