Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I have used Unibeast 10 to create a USB bootable macOS catalina, I made sure to disable and enable the necceassry options in the BIOS, unfortunately when the apple logo appears after 3 minutes the crash icon appears. My PC Specs:

MB: Gigabyte Z170N-WiFi
CPU: I3 6100
GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5
I use the display port to connect to the monitor.

after 3 minutes the crash icon appears

Post a picture of what you refer to as "the crash icon".
Also boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Post a picture of what you refer to as "the crash icon".
Also boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Hi, thank you for asking P1LGRIM, I just tried using another USB drive and booted from it, I was waiting the crash screen to appear to take a picture as you requested and for my surprise my PC booted successfully!! :confused: , Ill install Catalina tonight and post install if I faced any issue ill get back to you here, Thanks a lot :thumbup:

Hi again installation went smooth :headbang:

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 1.41.12 AM.png

Hey! I have the same motherboard as you, kalibatov. Do you mind helping a fellow out and sharing your config.plist? It would help a ton! Thanks so much.

Hey! I have the same motherboard as you, kalibatov. Do you mind helping a fellow out and sharing your config.plist? It would help a ton! Thanks so much.

arielkfj, Hi I would love to help you, unfortunately I have reinstalled Mojave so I dont have the config for Catalina, if you followed the guides in this forum, and post install using the latest Multibeast I think probably you will not face any issues. and going back to what I did when I installed Catalina, I copied the EFI folder from the bootable Catalina USB to my SSD EFI folder.

Could you please explain what issues you are having.

Thanks! Just installed Catalina on my rig and almost everything works; things that didn't work on sierra work out of the box on Catalina. The only thing that doesn't work that i'm scared to fix is iMessage, as I've tried to fix it in the past only to corrupt my drive. Any ideas on where to start for my board, etc?

Just tried every iMessage fix out there until one of them worked. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back