HP Probook 4540
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I'm having with my Hackintosh system on HP Probook 4540 and I'm hoping that the members of this forum would be able to help me out. I'm not very well-versed in the technical aspects behind these systems, but I was able to get the hackintosh up and running a while ago on my HP with a few hardware modifications (an increase in RAM and a WiFi card replacement). So please do excuse my ignorance in these matters.

Very recently, I think I may have installed a kext which could be causing a problem, and now my mac will not load. It gets stuck at the startup screen with a stop sign on it. In verbose mode, the error comes at the point "Still waiting for root device". I installed this almost a year ago and it loaded flawlessly without the USB till now. Nevertheless, I tried all sorts of commands at the bootloader screen, and even tried to load it in safe mode, but it won't get past this screen.

I googled this problem endlessly and tried all sorts of solutions which people proposed for the last week, but it seems as though its a lost cause. I don't even care about my data on the hard drive at this point because I just want this to be up and running the way it was. I had Mavericks 10.9.4 running on it.

Can somebody please help me out? I'm really clueless about what to do at this point. I'm even willing to do a whole new installation but I don't know how to do it on this system with this error. Any help will be much appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I'm having with my Hackintosh system on HP Probook 4540 and I'm hoping that the members of this forum would be able to help me out. I'm not very well-versed in the technical aspects behind these systems, but I was able to get the hackintosh up and running a while ago on my HP with a few hardware modifications (an increase in RAM and a WiFi card replacement). So please do excuse my ignorance in these matters.

Very recently, I think I may have installed a kext which could be causing a problem, and now my mac will not load. It gets stuck at the startup screen with a stop sign on it. In verbose mode, the error comes at the point "Still waiting for root device". I installed this almost a year ago and it loaded flawlessly without the USB till now. Nevertheless, I tried all sorts of commands at the bootloader screen, and even tried to load it in safe mode, but it won't get past this screen.

I googled this problem endlessly and tried all sorts of solutions which people proposed for the last week, but it seems as though its a lost cause. I don't even care about my data on the hard drive at this point because I just want this to be up and running the way it was. I had Mavericks 10.9.4 running on it.

Can somebody please help me out? I'm really clueless about what to do at this point. I'm even willing to do a whole new installation but I don't know how to do it on this system with this error. Any help will be much appreciated.

No idea without seeing photo.

For reinstall Mavericks: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

For reinstall Yosemite: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

If you installed something that seems to be the direct cause, remove it.

Sorry about that, here are some photos. The first is the startup screen error that I see, the second shows the error in Verbose mode, and the third is the system information from BIOS.

IMG_20150518_185105053.jpgIMG_20150518_185243820.jpgIMG_20150518_185343805_HDR.jpg

Sorry about that, here are some photos. The first is the startup screen error that I see, the second shows the error in Verbose mode, and the third is the system information from BIOS.

View attachment 137859View attachment 137860View attachment 137861

I'd suggest you re-install. Looks like you have more than one thing wrong...

No sense in troubleshooting when you admit yourself a fresh install is not out of the question.

Note: "Waiting for root" indicates it can't mount your system volume. This could be anything from wrong BIOS settings, bad kext install, or hardware failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back