Contribute
Register

Help needed for Prime Z690M-plus D4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I sent a bug report to Apple, and, since 12.5, it's never happened again.
It's the only thing that has changed, that and updates to O.C, but it did not seem like an OC problem.

So...

I'm using the audio connectors on the Mother board, but not the blue one
and the sound is just dandy.... and the mic works a treat as well.

I've not had any problems, and I can say I just wish Windows was 20% as stable as this...
the only thing I'm not sure about is:
1. The builtin graphics capability not being used is a waste; and
2. The cores all seems to be working, but with the "efficiency cores" & clearly the code of macOS is not tuned.

I'd like to support Apple, but clearly they don't give crap.. so hackintosh it is then....

I'm really happy with the result.... mostly rock solid.

I'm using the audio connectors on the Mother board, but not the blue one
and the sound is just dandy.... and the mic works a treat as well.

Thanks for the audio info - now we know the Realtek codec is fully compatible with the AppleALC kext.

Last edited:
Thanks for the audio info - now we know the Realtek codec is fully compatible with the AppleALC kext.
just checked......
the conn is
light blue (surround)
lime (head phones)
pink (mic)

Which Opencore/Dortania install guide did you use for the EFI - Comet Lake?
It sounds like bull, but I did not read anything...
Who reads instructions right?
Really the forum needs a "START HERE CLOWNS" page... and like a "tech" tree approach.

The actual purchase...
I saw Asus generally had good results.
and I saw people with 12 gen,
and I know that my 1070 NVIDIA, which I dropped a ton of cash for, was useless. So I got a half sized RX660.

The guy in the shop said 300W PSU would be ok, but he looked like he had never had to shave, and I KNEW, explosions inside the game of RUST would shutdown the pro, even with 750W & without the PSU mod. So I got 850 Gold.

And 128GB DDR4 16/3600 (since I need VM's for development).
I paid $15US for them to put it together & test it. (Since i did not want to waste a noon.)

I loaded on various similar config files until something happened.
Biggest thing was the USB ports.

Then, I threw in an intel 10G optical card, copied over the driver from my old 2012 Pro
and fitted the upgraded boot disk from that system.

So really I only read the USB section which is still MASSIVELY confusing. and apart from the GPU drivers abending
once a week(now fixed), I'm really happy, it is rock solid.....
I've not even bothered playing about with OC or voltages...
But I think maybe MP/MT is not working, seems to hang on preboot if enabled.

THEN the crappy case...
which was a mini described as a "pro" case. Clearly it had been designed by first year students of flower arranging.

It has MASSIVE heat distribution issues due to possibly the WORST engineering on the planet...
Like fitting the HDD drives at 90 deg to the airflow with the bracket blocking the intake.
(they said it could take 2 HDD, but I can tell you now, if you fitted them as arranged they would be out of warranty in a month), NOT even CLOSE to the manufacturers required airflow and temp requirements.

Plus far too many holes in the case with zero thought to how air actually flows, most of it bypasses most of the critical components. (Or would create negative pressure pockets.)

the forum needs a "START HERE CLOWNS" page
Already have one. If they don't read anything though, it's not of much use.
Screen Shot.jpg

Could you post your benchmark results?

nm - just saw them on the first page. Has there been any improvement to multicore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back