Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys,

After the success of installing my Vanilla Snow Leopard on my i7 computer, I am planning on running Snow Leopard on my budget AMD quad core budget computer as well. And so, I need some helps and advices.

This is my budget system:
AMD Athlon II X4 630
MSI 785GTM-E45 (with integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200)
ATI Radeon HD 4200
500 GB SATA
Belkin N-wireless adapter.

Well, I would like to have snow leopard running on it. However, Leopard 10.5 can also do it.

The question here is I need help on getting the ATI HD 4200 working properly. If you have any idea or get a well run system like this build, please help me out.

Thank you

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but at least currently there's no driver support for AMD's integrated graphics in OSX, so you'd have to get a graphics card to have any chance at all of getting that system going.

that's what I have been seeing. No1 seem to have the integrated graphic going. I guess I will have to put the cheap 8400gs into it to make it run then.

Any 1 has the kexts for this mother board ??

I know you'll definitely need the newest voodoo kernel, and may need a host of other fixes to get your AMD processor working. I've never used an AMD Hack, but I've heard it can be a steep hill to climb. Try some of the netbook (Atom processor) sites for the newest kernel- for 10.6.2 they all need an alternate kernel at this point.

I don't really need it to be Snow leopard though. OSX 10.5 Leopard would be fine with me. I just need some kext for either the graphic or motherboard if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back