Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabite GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
Intel I5-7600K LGA1151
Graphics
onboard
Guys

During the unibeast installation I am getting a message at the end "error creating your unibeast drive. copy of apfs.efi failed"
I tried to manually copy the latest version of high sierra apfs.efi from the site here to my boot drive and it is booting from the USB drive but prompting error "boot0af: error_"

Anyone??

First time putting together a computer from scratch! a lot of fun

Guys

During the unibeast installation I am getting a message at the end "error creating your unibeast drive. copy of apfs.efi failed"
I tried to manually copy the latest version of high sierra apfs.efi from the site here to my boot drive and it is booting from the USB drive but prompting error "boot0af: error_"

Anyone??

First time putting together a computer from scratch! a lot of fun
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-8-troubleshooting-notes.235489/

19. If you get the error "Couldn't copy apfs.efi to destination ESP folder" on a UEFI Boot Mode creation, erase the destination USB stick with the following command and rerun UniBeast:

sudo diskutil partitionDisk USB-Device GPT JHFS+ VOLUME-NAME R

Replace USB-Device with the device name of your destination volume, i.e. /dev/disk2
Replace VOLUME-NAME with the volume name you want.

Be aware UniBeast will change the volume name to "Install macOS High Sierra" which is the default that Apple uses for USB installation media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back