Contribute
Register

[help Needed] Cannot Load El Capitan Without -x (safe Mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime x299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7920x
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,
Bought all my parts from from the TonyMacx86 website's recommended buyer's guide. Even made sure to give credit by using the links provided for each.
Here's what I selected:

Core i5-6500
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
Crucial Budget (32GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

I followed the installation guide Step By Step. Here are the problems I faced and I could really use your help and suggestions as I am a newbie.

1. When installing. I got the following panic screen:
IMG_0442.JPG
in order to get past this screen, I read somewhere to enter -x (safe mode). When I do, I am able to continue the installation but only while in -x more.
2. I can only load OS X in safe-mode using -x flag (Strange given the fact that I only bought and installed parts from the buyer's guide).
3. When trying to boot without my USB, I get the "Please insert bootable media etc..." and cannot boot without the USB.

Guys, I am really frustrated and would love to get some help on this one.

P.S.
- I used Unibeast to mount El Capitan to my USB
- I tried to use Multibeast to add bootloader info when in safe mode (won't work)
- that's as far as I can get.

Hello spyderfyre,
Welcome to the forums. What connection are you using between your motherboard and monitor?
Please insert bootable media will display if you don't choose to boot the UEFI partition of the drive. Usually legacy displays as P0 or P1 *your installation drive* and you need to choose UEFI *your installation drive*.

Hello spyderfyre,
Welcome to the forums. What connection are you using between your motherboard and monitor?
Please insert bootable media will display if you don't choose to boot the UEFI partition of the drive. Usually legacy displays as P0 or P1 *your installation drive* and you need to choose UEFI *your installation drive*.
Thank you for your response!
I got things up and running except for the Geforce GTX 750 TI SE.
I can get through using nv_disable=0 but I can't get the web drivers to load properly. Safari and animation are choppy. Cannot activate second monitor, etc... Screen goes black after Apple load logo.

I selected this card specifically from the TonyMacX86 list as well.

Any suggestions?

I can get through using nv_disable=0 but I can't get the web drivers to load properly. Safari and animation are choppy. Cannot activate second monitor, etc... Screen goes black after Apple load logo.

I selected this card specifically from the TonyMacX86 list as well.

Any suggestions?

FYI. Its nv_disable=1 not nv_disable=0. You need to install Nvidia Web Drivers, Add nvda_drv=1 to Config.plist.

FYI. Its nv_disable=1 not nv_disable=0. You need to install Nvidia Web Drivers, Add nvda_drv=1 to Config.plist.
Yes, you're right. Sorry, I was up all night trying to find a fix

After Staying up all night, I found a solution for BOT on the current setup:
Here's my setup:

Core i5-6500
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3
Crucial Budget (32GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti (SE)
OSX 10.11.4 El Capitan

1. I followed the instructions STEP BY STEP from the following thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...te-ga-z170-hd3-gigabyte-radeon-r9-390.183486/
2. Use: nv_disable=1 to bypass nvidia drivers. Download the latest Nvidia web driver and install
3. Make sure your Mac is setup as iMac 17,1. If you don't your Skylake processor will not be recognized without some serious editing. As of this date, iMac is the only official Apple computer that is running Skylake processor. So for now, this is what worked for me.
4. To get the Video card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti) properly working, I found the following fix. Please note that due to the fact that this build requires me to identify my build as an iMac 17,1 due to Skylake, I solved the "monitor sleep on boot up" problem by following Problem #4 (Method 1 & 2):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/
5. Add nvda_drv=1 via clover
Reboot and you will have a solid setup on your hands.

Hope this helps anyone save themselves some sleep :)

You can add nvda_drv=1 using a plist editor or Clover Configurator.
Thank you... I wish it were that simple. Got it solved by posting the full instructions for anyone with a similar setup. Thank you again.

iMac 17,1. If you don't your Skylake processor will not be recognised

Hope this helps anyone save themselves some sleep :)

Correct in some ways. Highly recommended to use a system definition that matches closest to you're hardware. Reason why is because of Powermanagement. It's important that you get OS X to talk to your CPU. Another thing is generating a SSDT using pikers script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back