HD4000 (GTX 560 Ti)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi fellow Hackintosh folks.

I tried to gain control over my fans, and I installed HWMonitor/HWSensors on my ML Hackintosh.
After the reboot, strange lines ran over the apple logo load screen and I always end up with a message saying HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON UNTIL THE COMPUTER IS TURNED OFF.

I now want to remove the files that were added during the installation of HWMonitor manually (if that is possible).
I installed it with all four options selected, and I didn't think it would mess everything up like that. :(
Can anyone tell me what files in which directories I have to delete to "uninstall" it completely and have my mac as before????
I really want to avoid a fresh install at all cost.

Thanks in advance.

ommi

I need too! Any info?

Hi fellow Hackintosh folks.

I tried to gain control over my fans, and I installed HWMonitor/HWSensors on my ML Hackintosh.
After the reboot, strange lines ran over the apple logo load screen and I always end up with a message saying HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON UNTIL THE COMPUTER IS TURNED OFF.

I now want to remove the files that were added during the installation of HWMonitor manually (if that is possible).
I installed it with all four options selected, and I didn't think it would mess everything up like that. :(
Can anyone tell me what files in which directories I have to delete to "uninstall" it completely and have my mac as before????
I really want to avoid a fresh install at all cost.

Thanks in advance.

ommi

/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/ACPISensors.kext (this is actually a folder, as are all kexts)
/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/CPUSensors.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/GPUSensors.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins/LPCSensors.kext
/Applications/HWMonitor.app (also a folder)
/usr/local/bin/smcutil

And don't forget that after removing/modifying kext files it's a good idea to run KextUtility or KextBeast to force a rebuild of the kernel cache. Good luck!

I screwed up my install last week by installing the latest HWMonitor.

Do you think that I can delete all of the files you mention and get to a start up?

Can I use another computer to rebuild the kext cache of another boot HD?

Cheers,
Al

I screwed up my install last week by installing the latest HWMonitor.

Do you think that I can delete all of the files you mention and get to a start up?

Can I use another computer to rebuild the kext cache of another boot HD?

Cheers,
Al

My method requires that you to boot to the partition, go into the HWMonitor preferences and quit the application. Then delete HWMonitor application. Then go into /System/Library/Extensions and delete FakeSMC.kext. Re-run Multibeast and install just the FakeSMC.kext. Then run KextWizard and repair permissions and rebuild caches.

Reboot and your partition will be free of the FakeSMC plug-ins and HWMonitor is gone from the running system.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back