Contribute
Register

Help my computer can't detect iboot or iboot legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
arcstriker29 said:
I'm having a problem much like this, I tried an older version of iBoot, maybe I'll try an even older version, but when I boot up iBoot, everything goes good, I then swap my cd to the Snow Leppard DVD and press F5 first I get a EBIOS Read Error - Drive not ready (Which I assume is just waiting for the drive to spin up) but then after a few seconds to shows my iBoot screen again, but without the iBoot icon, and NO snow leppard option... I've been trying this on a HP Notebook G72 with a Intel i3 2.4ghz CPU Intel HD Video, 4GB RAM. I went in to the BIOS and its VERY basic, there is no way to swap the SATA options, but I did load Default Settings and saved. Any help on this would be great.

Your machine is not going to run with full support. Only a fixed resolution and no video support.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.ph ... rted_Cards

Intel HD Graphics is not supported.

Thanks for the response. If thats the case I'll just hold off then. bummer.

arcstriker29 said:
I'm having a problem much like this, I tried an older version of iBoot, maybe I'll try an even older version, but when I boot up iBoot, everything goes good, I then swap my cd to the Snow Leppard DVD and press F5 first I get a EBIOS Read Error - Drive not ready (Which I assume is just waiting for the drive to spin up) but then after a few seconds to shows my iBoot screen again, but without the iBoot icon, and NO snow leppard option... I've been trying this on a HP Notebook G72 with a Intel i3 2.4ghz CPU Intel HD Video, 4GB RAM. I went in to the BIOS and its VERY basic, there is no way to swap the SATA options, but I did load Default Settings and saved. Any help on this would be great.

Not really sure but it doesn't sound like it would be a problem with your version of iBoot, I mean you can try it I just don't think that is the issue. Are you using a retail DVD of Snow leopard? If not that might be why as well. I'm not really sure I never had that problem before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back