Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI P65 Laptop-Clover
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to this so I apologize in advance. I have been looking at different threads to solve problems on my own but ended up losing some hair and sanity along the way. I ended up getting confused from trying different methods so everything ended up looking messy and I may have added too many kext files. So I decided to make a post for this laptop to get help from you guys to tackle these issues one by one. I hope this is ok with you. Any help would be appreciate and hopefully become a full guide for this particular laptop. MSI P65 is basically a white version of MSI GS65. Also please let me know if I'm posting something incorrectly. I'm trying my best to follow the rules.

**This will be a diary for me as I tackle this one by one**

Pre-installation
1. So, I finally got the USB High Sierra 17G2208 Install to work: I used Option 2 (GPT, one partition) to create my USB boot up installer from this guide (The 1st option didn't seem to work for me.)
- I also used OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi in driver64UEFI folder for it work.
- I selected HD4400 config.plist file.

2. I will include BIOS setting screen cap soon.

3. I went to Disk Utility to erase the drive I wanted to install on and selected APSF
- Problem I came across: Installation got stuck at 2mins but I found that moving my mouse around the 2mins mark seems to keep it from freezing and it restarted.
- Make sure all other hard drives are disabled in your bios before the starting your installation from usb. The installation will freeze if you didn't disable other drivers.

4. Select the new mac os appeared on the drive I installed High Sierra, in clover boot up.

5. Let the installation finish and continue to select new mac os drive in clover each time it restart to complete the installation (it might restart once or twice during the installation.)

6. After that just finish the High Sierra set up until you get to your desktop.

Boot into clover without usb drive
1. I downloaded cloverConfigurator and Kextbeast to the desktop

2. Open cloverconfigurator and selected MountEFI on the left side to mount EFI partition from the usb High Sierra installation. Open that folder. (for more specific details on how to do this refer back to the guide I've linked above.)

3. Go back to cloverconfigurator and do the same thing but from the drive you've installed your High Sierra on. Open that folder.

4. Copy the EFI folder from your installation USB and paste/replace it on the EFI folder from your drive that High Sierra was installed on.

5. Eject all your usb drive and Restart to see if clover will boot without usb.
- Don't forget to go into your Bios and disable other drives and enable the High Sierra drive as 1st priority.

Post Installation
1. MountEFI and oprn EFI folder from your High Sierra drive and paste all Kext files into your desktop
2. Open Kextbeast, change installation and select System/Library/Extension hit install and restart.

What's working
- Keyboard functions
- keyboard backlight controls work
- Alt button is the command button
- Sleep button with fn+f12 work
- Caps Lock light work
- Sound control buttons responding
- Trackpad but not multi touch
- All USB Ports work
- USB C port worked for charging but haven't tested for data transfer yet
- Sleep from inactivity work
- Wake up from mouse movement work

What's not working
- Keyboard functions
- Keyboard Brightness control
- Power button doesn't sleep but will switch off if you hold it
- Multitouch
- Webcam
- Wifi/Bluetooth
- Sound
- Battery Status
- Finger print sensor
- Nvidia GTX 1070 MAX Q driver
- Power management

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Can somebody tell how to install the graphic driver for GTX 1070 MAX Q? I've tried the driver but each time I reboot the graphic just goes back to default and still glitchy at log in screen. Can anybody help pls?

Last edited:
I don't know about 1070 but you should focus on native power management first. there was a guide for it. when native power management is implemented you will have temp in between 25-35 on idle and lowest fan noise possible

I don't know about 1070 but you should focus on native power management first. there was a guide for it. when native power management is implemented you will have temp in between 25-35 on idle and lowest fan noise possible

Where can I find this guide? I tried this but I have no idea if it worked or not. Is there a way to check if it's working correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back