Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270x-Ultra-Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
Hi,

I successfully installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard on an old machine which has Intel Core 2 Quad (2.40Ghz) and 3GB DDR2 RAM. The Mac installation worked and I was able to use Mac OS X perfectly with Network, Audio, Graphics, USB, SATA, Bluetooth, everything working.

But then I updated Snow Leopard using Combo Updates from Apple Support.

I began with 10.6.8 but afterwards, it wouldn't boot because I needed a "new legacy kernel"

Then I re-installed and updated to 10.6.6 but then my mouse and keyboard froze. I looked online and found a link :

http://www.sysprobs.com/fix-usb-mouse-stopped-working-snow-leopard-1066-update-vmware

which I tried after another re-install but then still again no luck!

Can someone please help me update to Snow Leopard 10.6.6?

I really want to install 10.6.6 to download Mac OS X Lion.

Thanks in advance

It looks like the easyest method for you is to start from ground zero and reinstal all of it and get your system up to where it was before you did the Apple Update for 10.6.8.

Once your at that position check out this link
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/06/ ... pdate.html

I had the same issue w 10.6.8 and did a download of the DMG file and installed it w/out using the Apple Update service - and as a future note - dont use that service for anything that is listed that will need a reboot - (listed in the description of the itme to install).
Make sure you - rerun the MultiBeast utility w the options selected that you installed so Multibeast can rewrite some kexts for your hackintosh - rememeber that that file is written for a Legit Mac not a Hackintosh!

Also do the system utilities portion for permissions - reboot - use the command switches
-v -f to boot up so it will clear the kext cache (-f) and if you have a halt or a KP the -v switch will indicate what it is on the screen.
Most likely no sound - again run MultiBeast and secect the audio that was used the forst time and then run Sysem Utilities again - then reboot and again the switches -v -f to get the desktop - audio should work as well as network !

Totenkopf4

Thank you for your help.

I resolved this problem by using Multibeast and the USB Rollback kext and successfully updated to 10.6.6

I also made backups of my Mac Partition using Time Machine.

I will soon be updating to 10.6.8 by re-installing the Legacy Kernel

mahidul96

so its working -update you post to [SOLVED] if you can if this is solved...
or are you on your way to update to Lion

best of luck
Tote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back