Contribute
Register

HELP: ML install prompts shutdown on MSI Z77MA G45...what'd I do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting this here more for my benefit than anything but I think I found some answers to what I have going on here:

MSI Install

You will need to remove the GTX5770 while you attemp to install OSX
You may want to use a modded BIOS for this install - http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/msi/
Your Motherboard was the topic of a OSX install by Going Bald and he make a link that has a lot of the pictures of the BIOS settings.
As You CPU has HD3000 this will be the GFX for SL while we Boot from the iBoot Ivy Bridge CD/

You will need to boot w the following switchs -v PCRootUID=0

Can you please list your system configuration? That may help us help you ;)

So, I just used that configuration I posted and it went to the installer...booyah. Will update everyone as I progress here and then also post my system configuration after.

I'm assuming that's some sort of signature on my profile, huh? Total newb here :-X

Yes its under your profile signature.. or you can just reply with the specs. Glad you got it working, I cannot say enough about this forum. Tremendous people that always help!

This is an awesome community!

Kermit1219

Yes its under your profile signature.. or you can just reply with the specs. Glad you got it working, I cannot say enough about this forum. Tremendous people that always help!

This is an awesome community!

Kermit1219

Absolutely, everyone has been super helpful so far and appreciate all this ongoing input - so, I added my system configuration info and hopefully that shows up. I went through the Mountain Lion install process and at the end of that it showed a white screen with a grey box...paused for maybe 20 secodns and then restarted and showed me two icons of the TonyMacx86 unibeast install. Like an idiot I named the partition for the OS HDD the same thing as my install Unibeast HDD...the default Untitled1.

So, I tried clicking on one of these Untitled1s and it prompted me to reinstall the system. So, I tried the other and it did the same...weird.

I tried removing the Unibeast install HDD (it's just one of my old IDE hooked up to a USB harness) and then I coudln't get it to boot to the (supposedly) installed OS on the main HDD.

Any thoughts guys? I'm in the process of reinstalling the OS now to see if I can knock it back onto track.

I'm still working away on this one. I'm continuing to get that white screen and gray square freeze-out with about 4 minutes left on the OSX install screen.

I must be missing something in the BIOS setup here or the boot commands. Any thoughts are welcome!

This is turning into a live update of my trial and error here, but I finally got the OSX installed. I think my mistakes before were simply not accurately labeling the boot drive vs the OS drive, after rebooting from the last white screen I was able to enter the typical setup details like country, time zone, etc by booting with "-v."

Now on to multibeast!

I would recommend changing the name of that drive ;)

Glad you got this working!

-Kermit1219

Yeah, temporarily...so if I accidnetally install RealTek drivers that I didn't mean to and the system kernel panics, how can I get out of that cycle in the boot so I can delete the drivers and re-install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back