Contribute
Register

Help me with the BIOS, and some other problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hello, im new to the forum and need seriously help!

1. when i do all the steps in the tutorials i have read i always end up with a white screen and the gray apple logo o_O

2. the computer im running is a Asus Desktop pc cm6730 Series.

3. There is just one step in the bios i can't figure out of, and that is: The HPET to 64 bit :?:

pleas help me i want a hackintosh so badly

That computer is Win 7 so if there is no 64 option in BIOS, it is set to default.

Please provide more details on what you did to get to the white screen....did you try adding boot flags at the Chimera prompt?

Maybe GraphicsEnabler=NO or -x -v PCIRootUID=1

Take a look at the two new videos on getting it to work:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/

Yes i have tried all the flag things with no succes. When i tried the -v option it scrolled alot of numbers and codes then the screen went black and stayed there

martin123ist said:
Yes i have tried all the flag things with no succes. When i tried the -v option it scrolled alot of numbers and codes then the screen went black and stayed there
Try this:
maxmem=2024 CPUS=(The number of processors in your machine) busratio=(your processors bus ratio) -x -v -s and see if that works :beachball:

martin123ist said:
So what exactly is this command telling the computer?
It makes it so at that boot in particular your can only use a maximum of 2GB of ram, It sets the bus ratio to your processors bus ratio and then the -x -v -s commands make it boot safe mode, verbose, and single user mode... at the end of all the lines of code and numbers it will say to type exit to boot computer and then you type exit and it will logout of single user mode and the machine should boot :D

Well, i tried all the things you said but nothing more than a black screen in return, i typed 29 for busratio with no idea what it is 1 prossesor and 2gb of RAM what am i doing wrong?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back