Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Hi. In the last months my hackintosh start to behavior in a strange way. Some times when wake up from sleep it's start to beep fast with no image on the screen. If I reset, some times restar normally but most of the times start a boot loop. This boot loop stays in the motherboard boot screen but with out any of the boot options (image attached) just Gigabyte - UEFI DualBIOS and a blue screen no clover no nothing. I think it doest reach any of the boot options.
I change the battery on the motherboard, make a fresh install of clover and mac os and flash a latest BIOS. My build has a basic options no complicated configurations, in 5 years work ok until now. The only different thing in the lasts months is that I have a pci card with 4 USB 3 ports but I disconnected all that was connected to it.
I appreciate If some one has an idea of what is going on. My build is a Z68X-UD3H-B3, i3-2100 processor and GeForce GT 740.

Thanks

Image of the boot loop blue screen.

View media item 189279
Edit: to add more info

Last edited:
It could be anything from a failing SATA cable to bad flash ram. Begin by removing all connected hardware, reflash latest firmware update and see if it POSTs reliably. If it is beeping look up the beep code in gigabyte's docs.

It could be anything from a failing SATA cable to bad flash ram. Begin by removing all connected hardware, reflash latest firmware update and see if it POSTs reliably.

I forgot to say I flash the latest BIOS because of this problem. But I did't remove the HDDs when I flash it. I removed several times the hard drives but in other occasions after this boot loops not in that moment I update the BIOS.
So do you thing this is something hardware/bios and not clover/macOS?

I forgot to say I flash the latest BIOS because of this problem. But I did't remove the HDDs when I flash it. I removed several times the hard drives but in other occasions after this boot loops not in that moment I update the BIOS.
So do you thing this is something hardware/bios and not clover/macOS?
Not much information but i'd say it is hardware related if it reboots on the blue screen.

The only different thing in the lasts months is that I have a pci card with 4 USB 3 ports but I disconnected all that was connected to it.
I appreciate If some one has an idea of what is going on. My build is a Z68X-UD3H-B3, i3-2100 processor and GeForce GT 740.
You should remove the usb pci card to test and also try it in the different slot. if it's conflicting, the conflict may happen simply by it's being in a slot and not based on what is connected to that card. For my m/b (z77x ud5) I have a network card that will make it fail when in one slot but everything is fine in the other slot. Looks like there's also a PME event setting in bios related to pci, who knows maybe flip that. Mainly, it's suspicious that it happens after you add this card.

You should remove the usb pci card to test and also try it in the different slot. if it's conflicting, the conflict may happen simply by it's being in a slot and not based on what is connected to that card. For my m/b (z77x ud5) I have a network card that will make it fail when in one slot but everything is fine in the other slot. Looks like there's also a PME event setting in bios related to pci, who knows maybe flip that. Mainly, it's suspicious that it happens after you add this card.

I just disconnect the card. I gonna test it a few days and post the results. Thank you very much!

I disconnected the pci card but the issue is still there. I will try disconnecting hard drives and run ram tests.

I test the memory with memtest64 and it's ok. I record the beep it does when return to sleep. In fact I suspect there is not sleep because the light in the case is steel on but the monitor is off. This happens when I press any key to wake the mac but is not happening always. When it happens I have to reset the machine and some times do the boot loop that I explain in my older posts. I leave you the record of the beep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back