Contribute
Register

Help me solving few issues with HP ProBook 4520s

Status
Not open for further replies.
From ioreg, looks like _BIF is failing. You will see it in system.log with debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext installed.

The AppleACPIPlatform.kext you have installed is invalid for Yosemite. Correct version is 3.1:
Code:
Speedy-OSX:Downloads RehabMan$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    1 0xffffff7f82037000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>

Using a patched/rollback of AppleACPIPlatform could be part of the problem.

Okay! So I checked that Kext. & Found the culprit.
Actually, S/L/E has the correct version of ACPIPlatform.
However, the chameleon bootloader has another version of this kext which one is a different version & old. Removed that. Let me check if it's fixed now.

Hence another question.
Right now, I've to use Fn+fn Keys to make things work. (Fn+F2 to decrease brightness).
Is there a toggle so that the keys will work like normal ? I mean just F2 will do the work for me ?

Hence another question.
Right now, I've to use Fn+fn Keys to make things work. (Fn+F2 to decrease brightness).
Is there a toggle so that the keys will work like normal ? I mean just F2 will do the work for me ?

Try this patch to DSDT:
Code:
into method label _DSM parent_label PS2K remove_entry;
into device label PS2K insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "RM,oem-id", "HPQOEM",\n
        "RM,oem-table-id", "ProBook-102",\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

You can also change "ProBook-102" to "ProBook-87" and see which one provides the better keyboard layout.

This allows you to switch between function keys and normal keys in SysPrefs->Keyboard. But your keyboard would need to be compatible with the other newer ProBook series (likely).

x HP Webcam:
It's listed in System Report (Provider: Chicony). However, Skype or Photobooth reports "No Camera Connected", In mavericks it used to work but it was almost dark.​

I think you have the same webcam as the one inside my 4530s.

Check my thread on the HP Webcam: not sure if you are also using that BT firmware kext but whenever I unload that kext my cam is no longer working. When the kext is loaded I need to use the cameracontrol tool (PBI) to first turn of Auto Exposure and then correct the exposure before using the cam in e.g. Skype or FaceTime or...

It seems, my battery truly isn't working properly.

When charger connected, it shows, "Battery isn't charging" instead "Battery Is not present"
When Charger removed, it still shows 0%, however, it shows the time remaining properly.
Yes, removed that ACPI kext already.

& I'm also facing dangerous heat level & noticed that the fan is running quite slower than it used to.

Screenshots:
Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 11.46.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-22 at 11.55.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-22 at 11.46.54 AM.png

Also, Laptop Keyboard & Mouse stopped working along with USB Ports (I've only one port active now)
They only works when I Use -f flag.

Though I think the fan issue raised since yesterday when I found my laptop wasn't shutdown properly & I carried it from my office to home. It was very hot & Shutdown became very slow. :(

Trying the keyboard patch, let's see if that helps. :)

When charger connected, it shows, "Battery isn't charging" instead "Battery Is not present"
When Charger removed, it still shows 0%, however, it shows the time remaining properly.

& I'm also facing dangerous heat level & noticed that the fan is running quite slower than it used to.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, Laptop Keyboard & Mouse stopped working along with USB Ports (I've only one port active now)
They only works when I Use -f flag.

Kernel cache problem. Repair permissions & rebuild cache. Check for errors in system.log related to kextcache.

Here's the IOReg output : https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4q4m5zr6t023hj/iM3s-MBP.ioreg?dl=0

However, this is a screenshot: The system somewhat detects the battery properly:
Screenshot 2014-10-22 15.42.19.png

The temperature sensor is giving me panic now. I've seen a fan control fix from you, will the same work on this machine ? I'd probably try to increase the fan speed.&nbsp;

Try "Fix PNOT/PPNT" from my laptop DSDT patch repo.

Use debug ACPIBatteryManager.kext to get output in system.log for further debugging of your battery. _BIF is returning MaxCapacity at zero, which explains the 0%.

AppleLPC.kext is not loading.

You will need a DSDT patch for that. This is the patch we used to use for the ProBook (but it is unnecessary for Sandy and beyond as native ID is recognized):
Code:
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001F0000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x001F0000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "device-id", Buffer() { 0x49, 0x1C, 0x00, 0x00\n },\n
        "name", Buffer() { "pci8086,1c49" },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

It may or may not be correct for your hardware. Knowing for sure requires reading the data sheets for your Intel LPC device on HM55 chipset and determining a correct, compatible ID.

The temperature sensor is giving me panic now. I've seen a fan control fix from you, will the same work on this machine ? I'd probably try to increase the fan speed.&nbsp;

You should read about how my fan control solution works, then play around in RW-Everything on Windows to be sure your laptop responds the same way.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/72043-new-fan-control-dsdt-silent-fan-higher-temps.html

Making the fan less aggressive with a non-working LPC driver is probably not a great idea at this point.

Updates:
Fn keys now working! Wow!

Battery: Applied "Fix PNOT/PPNT" patch, no change!

Applied AppleLPC patch given, don't seem to have any change.

Heat/Fan Control: Fan patches are not working, giving me errors.
Screenshot 2014-10-22 22.30.49.png

What I noticed is, The fan only gets active when the temp croses 100", I'll probably need to do a EC Reset since this settings is now active everywhere. (windows as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back