Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Mobo: Intel D975XBX2 KR
Memory : 4GB DDR2 Processor : Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2.4Ghz

[FONT=&amp]After installing Mountain Lion on my (now running desktop Lion 10.7.4)[/FONT]UniBeast - Mountain Lion 1.5.3 [FONT=&amp]giving a message[/FONT]"ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resource Matching (AppleIntelCPU Power Management) time out[FONT=&amp]” on the first boot. If log in to the system in safe mode (-x -v) skip the stage and booting. At that point I installed Multibeast ([/FONT]MultiBeast - Lion 4.6.1). After that it is returning to boot selection menu on every booting and not even going to boot further. Please point out where is the problem and guide to solve the problem.

take a look here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/108-mountain-lion-installation-tips.html

Hopefully this may help a bit?

>>> you say you ran Multibeast in safe mode,

1 can you get back in in safe mode?
2 did you select nullcpupowermanagement?

Thanks, snowy0230 for your kind information.

Some information from my side:

01. Yes I run the Multibeast in safe mode.
02. After installing Multibeast my system not going to boot in safe mode also and returning back to Chimera boot selection window.
03. Yes I selected nullcpupowermanagement in Multibeast.

NB: Once I tried to install "Chameleon-2.1" after installing from Unibeast USB but that time also experiences same problem.

If it is necessary to do some operation in single user command prompt mode than please help me with command details, as I am very much new to the Hakintosh.

Thanks

I think I would be right in saying that the nullcpu.... is your problem. you need to get rid of this. If you had nothing on ML, which it sounds like, my advice would be to do a fresh install and test this. For the sake of 30 minutes to do a fresh install, if you are in the position to do so then do it.
Use Multibeast but don't select the nullcpu and see if you can reboot. If you can then you've solved your problem.

Multibeast isn't completely compatible yet until the release of 5.0.0 so many thing may not function as they should.

I don't know how to get in to OSX any other way.

Please note: These are only my thoughts and what I would try. I'm sure somebody may know better. For 30 minutes though, the gamble is worth it.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

I think I would be right in saying that the nullcpu.... is your problem. you need to get rid of this. If you had nothing on ML, which it sounds like, my advice would be to do a fresh install and test this. For the sake of 30 minutes to do a fresh install, if you are in the position to do so then do it.
Use Multibeast but don't select the nullcpu and see if you can reboot. If you can then you've solved your problem.

Multibeast isn't completely compatible yet until the release of 5.0.0 so many thing may not function as they should.

I don't know how to get in to OSX any other way.

Please note: These are only my thoughts and what I would try. I'm sure somebody may know better. For 30 minutes though, the gamble is worth it.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Thank you snowy0230,

Last night I downloaded Multibeast new version and tried to install it again. Now the system stop responding at :

"[PCI Configuration begin]" not going to "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin:......"

I think it is high time to upgrade my system to use present version of MAC OS. My thoughts says that it is hardware compatibility problem.

Thanking you again.

I think it is high time to upgrade my system to use present version of MAC OS. My thoughts says that it is hardware compatibility problem.

Good Call, let us know what you went for and how you get on - Good luck!

Good Call, let us know what you went for and how you get on - Good luck!

Dear snowy0230,

As your advice to install it fresh I tried once with selecting necessary files except nullcpu from multibeast. But same thing repeated but it is possible to boot in safe mode. If I install with nullcpu selected than it is not allowing to boot in safe mode also, and returning to first boot prompt.

Multibeast 5.x.x is also not healping at this point.

Before getting new hardware I am trying some more, if it allow me.

I have some doubt regarding new hardware, these are as below:

I had seen that most of the support from Tonymac86 is for Gigabyte only. But my past experience resists me to go for Gigabyte motherboard. I like Asus very much, but P/H67 boards are presently out of stock (but in the list only top range motherboards supports available) and more of that are too much costly. Moreover I need more on-board SATA I have 4 nos extra hard disk as back up drive. In that case only "P8P67 PRO" the only way to go (Which is come under my budget). My present Motherboard having 8-SATA ports but out of those 4-ports are not usable on MAC as these are configured as IDE, so if I need some data from those 4 drive I have to switch to Windows.

My doubt is here if I go for this mother board will it be possible to use all SATA ports and will the audio work either as 5.1 setup, if install the respective DSDT file?

Thanking you again, and sorry for the trouble again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back