CPU
X5650
Graphics
HD 7970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have been trying to clone my Sierra system from an SSD to a HD. I have been trying since High Sierra was released, since I don’t want to try an update on my main system. I have tried Carbon Copy Cloner, Stellar Clone Disk, Terminal and various other tries. Every time I clone the disk, I cannot use the new disk to boot from, even when I reinstall the Clover bootloader (never works), It will always end up booting from my main SSD clover boot (which I don't want, until I test). When I run the High Sierra update, it tells me it cannot verify the clone of my disk. When I run Disk utility to verify the disk from my Sierra install, or from Recovery, the disk fails to verify and becomes unmountable and disappears. Not sure what options I have now, all I want is a new bootable clone of my main disk to run tests on. Are there issues cloning from SSD to HD? please help.

Sounds like a problem with the disk.

Tried 2 different HD, verified main SSD and HD before cloning. No go after cloning, can't boot from disk if use CCC, even after clover reinstall, if I try to verify clone in any way it corrupts. "Invalid allocation blocks" is one error I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back