Contribute
Register

[Help Me] Find A Powerful Laptop For (Permeir Pro CC, Photoshop CC, Final Cut Pro X, After Effects C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 G1
CPU
i5-4690K [email protected]
Graphics
RX 480
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
1. I Looked for Months and cant find a perfect one
2. Budget is around $1,000 Canadian Dollar (Last time i saw 1 Canadian Dollar = $0.78 United States Dollar)
3. This Laptop will be used in a School Environment and Personal Editing
4. Must have a 1080p screen or higher
5. I'm ok buying the Wireless card (I have a mini pci Wireless card that works in OS X but im ok buying the DW1560)
6. I will prefer a core i7
7. Ive been looking at the ASUS ZenBook [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]UX305FA-ASM1 (I know it has a very similar processor to the MacBook and knowing it is powerful enough to run Photoshop and Final Cut Pro Im considering it)
[/FONT]8. Should I just buy the Next Macbook Pro (Hoping they release it next WWDC) (I predict it will be release this Summer or Fall) (I have a friend that goes to University so should i benefit from his Discount and the back to school sales?)
9. It would be nice if it has a 2.5inch Drive so i can replace it with my SSD laying around from my Other hackintosh

Reason why i want to hackintosh a laptop:
1. The Baseline MacBook and MacBook Pro are overpriced I can buy a ZenBook (Core i7, Dedicated GPU, 12GB of RAM and 512GB SSD)
2. I need it for school since my school uses Macs and Im doing Photography (Mainly how apple computers do the color is awesome)
3. I enjoy OS X
4. Im just a teen and not Stinking Rich
5. My parents promised me a MacBook but cant afford one... :banghead:
6. Hackintoshing a Laptop is a great thing to kill time and i will enjoy it :D
7. I want to be unique having that Apple Logo on my laptop will get annoying
8. Lessen Chance Of Theft (Alot Of People like to steal apple products and i dont want to risk it)

Things i want the laptop to have working:
TrackPad
Wi-Fi (I can replace Wireless Card)
Keyboard
Brightness
Bluetooth
Graphics Acceleration

As Stable as a Hackintosh Laptop can get basically

I did do research but still cant find the perfect one

1. I Looked for Months and cant find a perfect one
2. Budget is around $1,000 Canadian Dollar (Last time i saw 1 Canadian Dollar = $0.78 United States Dollar)
3. This Laptop will be used in a School Environment and Personal Editing
4. Must have a 1080p screen or higher
5. I'm ok buying the Wireless card (I have a mini pci Wireless card that works in OS X but im ok buying the DW1560)
6. I will prefer a core i7
7. Ive been looking at the ASUS ZenBook [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]UX305FA-ASM1 (I know it has a very similar processor to the MacBook and knowing it is powerful enough to run Photoshop and Final Cut Pro Im considering it)
[/FONT]8. Should I just buy the Next Macbook Pro (Hoping they release it next WWDC) (I predict it will be release this Summer or Fall) (I have a friend that goes to University so should i benefit from his Discount and the back to school sales?)
9. It would be nice if it has a 2.5inch Drive so i can replace it with my SSD laying around from my Other hackintosh

Reason why i want to hackintosh a laptop:
1. The Baseline MacBook and MacBook Pro are overpriced I can buy a ZenBook (Core i7, Dedicated GPU, 12GB of RAM and 512GB SSD)
2. I need it for school since my school uses Macs and Im doing Photography (Mainly how apple computers do the color is awesome)
3. I enjoy OS X
4. Im just a teen and not Stinking Rich
5. My parents promised me a MacBook but cant afford one... :banghead:
6. Hackintoshing a Laptop is a great thing to kill time and i will enjoy it :D
7. I want to be unique having that Apple Logo on my laptop will get annoying
8. Lessen Chance Of Theft (Alot Of People like to steal apple products and i dont want to risk it)

Things i want the laptop to have working:
TrackPad
Wi-Fi (I can replace Wireless Card)
Keyboard
Brightness
Bluetooth
Graphics Acceleration

As Stable as a Hackintosh Laptop can get basically

I did do research but still cant find the perfect one

There is some guidance for choosing a laptop in the FAQ.

Key: Look for a well written guide that has details both on what is working and what is not working.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I understand but most of them don't meet my requirements or its overpriced and since most of them are Skylake I'm not sure about it I see the new MacBook have Skylake Core-M CPU so i wonder if it's possible to have Skylake to work in a laptop environment

I understand but most of them don't meet my requirements or its overpriced and since most of them are Skylake I'm not sure about it I see the new MacBook have Skylake Core-M CPU so i wonder if it's possible to have Skylake to work in a laptop environment

There are various success stories with Skylake (HP ProBook 440 G3, for example).

It is early going with Skylake yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back