Contribute
Register

Help me complete my i7-8700K build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it on the gigabyte site, but I just hadn't seen evidence of it anywhere else on the interwebs. I wasn't sure what the deal was with it.
Yeah, me neither... maybe I'll try to write Gigabyte and ask... Either way, if a Rev 2.0 exists or is about to be released, buying the 1.0 now seems like a bad idea... they must have fixed something, right?

Update on the build:

Seems almost everything is working fine... except... certain Final Cut Pro X projects causes the whole machine to freeze... can still move the mouse pointer around but no keyboard shortcuts work, så can't force quit FCPX and have to shut the computer off... This is kinda disastrous as the whole purpose of this machine is to work in FCPX :(
Any suggestions more than welcome!

I seem to have everything working with my system. I haven't been able to really put it under load yet, but the Alpine Ridge seems to be playing fine with my Clarett 8preX. I have not been able to hot swap, but that was to be expected and is not a big deal for me. I also have not tried any of the TB workings on my Windows 10 boot either.

I seem to have everything working with my system. I haven't been able to really put it under load yet, but the Alpine Ridge seems to be playing fine with my Clarett 8preX. I have not been able to hot swap, but that was to be expected and is not a big deal for me. I also have not tried any of the TB workings on my Windows 10 boot either.
That's good news!
Was there any tricks to be done or did the Alipine Ridge work out of the box?

i have not built a computer. see if this thread is useful https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dapter-handoff-unlock-with-watch-uefi.215895/ i'd like to know if anyone will use this stuff
I went with this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86-21
Worked right out of the box... or so it seems... I haven't tried handoff and continuity and stuff like that... I just wanted to get my Apple Magic Mouse working, and it works great for that. WiFi connects but haven't really tried it out as I get internet from ethernet wire...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back