Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I'm running the following system:

MB - ASUS P5E3 premium
INTEL Q6600 (overclocked)
NVIDIA Geeforce GT440
8GB Ram

Can I just install iBoot and snow leopard? (I also have Lion)

I tried to install, but I either get a stop sign near the apple after a couple of minutes into the installation process if I try it on an IDE HD OR I get some errors if I try with a SATA HD (changing the BIOS to AHCI...

Thanks

should be for snow ,just to make it easier have you read the guides for installing snow leopard set the bios to ahci hpet and 64 bit ,will not work without those settings in bios ,run your cpu at normal speed for install ,can always overclock after,and remove 4gb of ram for install
always type -v at boot ,so as you know whats going on

Hi,

I'm running the following system:

MB - ASUS P5E3 premium
INTEL Q6600 (overclocked)
NVIDIA Geeforce GT440
8GB Ram

Can I just install iBoot and snow leopard? (I also have Lion)

I tried to install, but I either get a stop sign near the apple after a couple of minutes into the installation process if I try it on an IDE HD OR I get some errors if I try with a SATA HD (changing the BIOS to AHCI...

Thanks

zalle

Yes no support for IDE only SATA for OSX 10.6

You could get this to work on OSX10.6 but you have two big issues

ADI AD1988B -Audio Channels -8 Channels

Onboard LAN - LAN Chipset - Marvell 88E8056

Both of these will require mucho mods and kext editing - including downloading kext scripts from the google code repositiry and recompiling them...

Also this motherboard was constructed w the X48 Intel chipset - which did't get to much support except in OSX10.5 not many hack with this chipset made it past that version of the osx.

If you so want to do this then look at this
http://www.hackint0sh.org/hardware-133/what-about-hardware-configuration-running-os-x-75262.htm
Only issue is that they state that this MB will work on OSX10.5 not 10.6
But you should look at this site for some additional info http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

But for my time and money this MB is too old as most 775 motherboards are not worth the time and effort - better to get something newer.
Also you will need to use the older versions of Multibeast and iBoot.
FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back