Contribute
Register

help - mackintosh turned off and now won't get past grey loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my past experience the -f flag worked lower case. But you're right about the GraphicsEnabler=Yes / No malarkey

no problem, thanks anyway. i might give it to end of night before contemplating the wipe/upgrade path.

what is best way to migrate over once i make sure everything backed up?
do i just follow the regular install instructions under the 'installation guide'?

if i've got a mac air that i want to also eventually upgrade, will this 'use up' my version or can i install on as many computers as i want? i assume the latter but want to confirm.

I've installed El Capitan on all my apple stuff. Macbook Pro and my hackintosh and it's been fine. So as many as you want.

I had problems migrating from Yosemite to El Capitan. I had to go the fresh install route in the end. I took the plunge and moved away from legacy too for the clover installation.

If you have a time machine backup you can restore your apps and data from the migration assistant in the utilities folder. but don't make the fatal mistake i did and have it copy everything. In the end i think i only selected the top two options in the migration assistant. this way it didn't carry over my old yosimite settings to the clover El Capitan install.

It's true though, it's relatively simple to install if you follow the guide on here to the letter. Good luck with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back