Graphics
nVidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys. I'm in the process of building what is probably a ridiculously overpowered Hackintosh Pro at the moment. I have absolutely no problem paying for the software that I want to install on it, namely OS X Mountain Lion.

I went to download a copy of Mountain Lion on my old MacBook Pro, which I purchased in late 2006/early 2007ish. When I got into the app store and clicked download I was told that my hardware was too old to run ML. Obviously I know that, but I want to download it anyways to create a USB to install ML on my new hackintosh that I've build. I've basically run into a roadblock at this point and am getting frustrated. I put snow leopard on there, but obviously that's not the goal. Worse, the wireless card that I got, the TP Link, isn't recognized by default in Snow Leo, so I haven't been able to get on the internet with the new build to try downloading ML from the app store through the back door that way. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, I'm using a GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH

For some reason Snow Leo is also not recognizing the LAN cable. Going to try multibeast when I get home and then follow that up with the combo update. If I can get to 10.6.8 I think I can get this figured out.

I got it figured out last night. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back